1

C A T H E R I N E

I had to relieve myself, somehow. The fact that I had seen porn right before church and there was a cross staring at me was ironic. Yet today for the first time I watched porn, it was my first time in 19 years. My friend Laura had told me much about it makes me feel like a curious cat.

And now here I sit, in the presence of Jesus, thinking about how the man in the video rammed inside the woman. It made me sweat with anxiety given that the prayer was going to start soon. It was 7 in the morning and I was already a mess.

Father Daniel entered the podium, his smile lit up the whole church. He cleared his throat.

"Today we have a new pastor conducting mass, Father Demetrius", he said

I groaned making my mother glared at me. I love the church, I really do. But today I had to clench my thighs and it wasn't making me look good in front of god.

I took in a deep breath and looked forward to see Father Demetrius. He was in my eyes unholily angelic. His stance was so confident as he stood. His black shirt and pants hugging his body in the right places showing off his broad shoulders and chest. His clerical collar was almost the color of his skin, a pale white.

He started the prayer. His voice...... made me lose my sanity for a second. It was thick with accent, I couldn't figure out which though. His eyes were closed as he recited the prayer and I did too.

After almost 20 minutes there was a silence, indicating prayer was over.

Everyone stood up, my parents and my best friend Laura's parents were very close to Father Daniel.

"ah father Daniel once again I must thank you for making my morning so peaceful and fresh", Mrs. King said

She was Laura's mother, her mom and my mom were besties from middle school and that's how I and Laura met.

Laura made her way to me and slightly pulled me to the side so I was leaning on her.

"you saw the new pastor?", she whispered

"yup", I said

"drool-worthy", she sighed knowing he was off limits

"I watched porn before church", I blurt out, making her let out a loud laugh

Father Daniel and our families turn around to see me shocked and Laura still trying to control her laugh.

"Catherine, Laura", father Daniel greets us with his infamous smile making us do the same

My eyes traveled to the man clad in black as he walks towards father Daniel. Father Daniel sees him and introduces him to our family.

"This is father Demetrius, Demetrius this is Dominic Romano and Mary Romano and this is Hazel King", he said pointing at our parents

And then he slightly turns to face us and says,

"This is Catherine Romano and Laura King"

I nod my head as he looks at me, his eyes are a shade of green. Piercing emerald's, I think as he greets us.

I look up to see him staring at Laura and then at me. Just then Mrs. King breaks the silence,

"We have a party for Richard's promotion tonight, how about you join us Father Demetrius", she said

He looked at her with a smile and said he would.

He looked so polite and...............soft? I mean looking at him I swear he wouldn't hurt a fly. How could anyone look so soft? Though his body says otherwise...........