Belphegor x Reader: The Pleasurable Pain Called Wholesomeness

Author's Note: Yes I know I'm supposed to be studying- but I'm the mood for angst so you gotta deal with it :D

"B-Belph? You okay-?"

The blue-haired 7th born was sniffling in his corner. We were napping together in the attic, but when I woke up I was greeted by a crying(?) Avatar of Sloth. It was a rare sight for him to show any emotion at all, but he was completely reduced to tears?

My words weren't graced with a reply. Instead, my ears were met with more suppressed sobs.

"Bel-"

He turned his DDD's screen towards me. On screen I see that he's listening to an audiobook Satan sent him.

Huh? Never pegged him for one who's listen to audiobooks.

He unplugs one of his earphones and passes it to me so I can hear. I shuffle a little closer, trying not to disconnect his earphones from his DDD.

*Audiobook*

"Either go away with them, or stay with us."

That was the verdict? That horrid little-

*Name* knew he couldn't keep both. It was either his family or *love interest*. And he couldn't choose. He wanted them both. In peace, together, without restraint. He was trying, trying very hard not to let go-

"And here I thought *second-eldest brother* was greedy." he said, smiling through his blurred eyesight as he vented to his twin.

"You know I'll be here for you, no matter what." his twin replied.

The Main Character broke. Emotions spilled out as he shouted at his twin. "You won't though, you can't! If I choose them I can't stay with you- and I- I don't want to leave-!"

Tears streamed down his cheeks as he let out all his pent up rage, fear and doubt.

"It's okay. You know nothing can separate us. Even if you do choose them."

There was a distinct note of sadness in his twin's voice, but also that of surety. 

*Audiobook is paused*

I glanced at the demon beside me and instantly leaned in for a hug.

Poor sweet darling. He'd never let anyone but me see this side of him.

I caressed his hair while he told me about what happens next.

"So t-the main character *sniff* decides to leave his brothers and live with the human from the other world. But he's actually immortal, so one day the human died a-and *sniff* he was left all alone without his lover."

"Mhm." I mutter, not being able to say much. I see why he's crying. That storyline is so tragic- it kinda reminds me of us.. And what could happen to us..

"A-and then*sniff* his twin decides to abandon his life in the magical realm so that he could *sniff* s-stay with his brother."

Beel would definitely do that.

"It reminded you of us, didn't it?"

"Y-Yes." he said, in a choky voice. "And I don't like that I'm crying right now, so please don't tell anyone I cried."

I chuckled as I agreed to his request.

*Momentarily Silence*

"You know, you're lucky to have someone like Beel in your corner."

"I know. Sometimes I think I don't appreciate him enough." His head drooped, signifying he was sleepy again.

"I'm sure he knows how much you love him."

"Mmm.. yeah.. what*yawn*-ever you say."

He snuggled into my shoulder and drifted off to sleep. What a cutie! He's really wholesome when he isn't being sour.

I started tearing up a little, because wholesome things always made me cry. Soon however, Beelzebub found us asleep, having come by to checkup on Belphie. 

Ehh sorry about the late upload my exams haven't been going all that well- Anyone up for angst? I'm in the mood to write more angst. Requests are always open uk?

PS: Exams end today!