Chapter 4

The sleepover made Kami loosen up around them as they became closer. She laughs around them more and even greets them first from time to time. Sometimes she even joins them to watch them train during the club period and walk home together. Days passed by quickly and Kami was getting used to her new school. Surprisingly for her, she was actually enjoying her time with the twins especially. It made her think if she really has something with the boys' volleyball club. 

• • •

"Yuki!" Atsumu called out to her when he saw her enter the classroom.

"Ha? Why are you calling me by my first name out of nowhere?" She asked as she sat on her spot.

"Well you call me Atsumu, so I'll call you Yuki now."

"But it was - You know what. Never mind. Whatever," she sighed. "So what were you so excited about to tell me?"

"Oh! I was wondering if you are going to come to watch us in our volleyball game in inter-high."

"When, where, and what time?" She asked.

"Three days from now, Hyogo auditorium, around 1 P.M."

She gave him a look. "You expect me to ride a bus to go there on my precious Saturday and wake up before 1 just for you?"

"Come on! Come cheer for us!"

"You have a cheer squad for your team. Why do you even need me?"

Atsumu continues to persuade her, but she did not even budge. Later, Osamu and Suna tried to persuade her as well, but she brushed them off. Atsumu was especially disappointed when he wasn't able to convince her, which Kami laughed to herself. She was planning on going, but she just didn't want to tell them. It was like a surprise visit.

• • •

On the day of inter-high, Kami woke up early to prepare rice balls for them. She made sure to make a lot of them so that it was enough for everyone. Once she was done, she readied herself and headed her way to the location. When she entered the auditorium upon arrival, she called Osamu.

"Osamu, are you in the auditorium already?" She asked as soon as he picked up.

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, come over to the entrance within five minutes," she said and ended the call before he can even reply. She snickered to herself as she waited for him. 

Soon she heard a voice calling out her name. She turned around to see Osamu running towards her. She smiled softly and waved her hand at him. "Hey, Osamu."

"I thought you said you weren't coming?" He asked in confusion.

"Of course I was joking, dumbass," she said with a playful glare. "Anyway, here. I made some rice balls. Go share with others."

She gave him the bag full of rice balls to which he accepted instantly with twinkling eyes. "Rice balls?"

She chuckled lightly. "Eat them whenever you are allowed to."

She then went on her way to one of the bleachers while Osamu carried the bag with him to where his teammates were. After a few minutes, Kami saw players entering the court. She smiled faintly when she spotted the Inarizaki team. Atsumu had a confident smirk as usual. As she watched them, she noticed the twins looking around until their eyes landed on her. When they waved at her, she waved back. They then turned back to their team and began to warm up. 

Kami heard some of the girls whispering around her which she just ignored until one of them tapped her shoulder. When she turned to face the person with a sigh, she was greeted by a girl with a displeased look. "Do you need something?"

"What is your relationship with the twins?"

Unsurprisingly, it was one of their fans. "I'm friends with them."

"Don't give me that bull crap."

Kami furrowed her brows in annoyance. "If you are not even going to believe what I say, why did you bother asking then? You're wasting my time."

"You bitch!" She screamed as she tried to grab her hair.

Kami grabbed the girl's wrist and pushed her away enough to make her stumble back without falling. "What's with fans and attacking? If you have nothing to say, you all go for violence. So pathetic."

By then, she could feel people staring at her and the scene. She really hated the attention, but those fans of theirs won't leave her alone. She just shook her head before facing back to the court. There she saw Atsumu smirking at her. He definitely saw what happened. She just mouthed good luck to him to which he nodded as the whistle was blown to indicate the start of the game.

As the game went on, Kami watched their game in amazement. Although she didn't know what was it with Atsumu and his serve, regardless, he was definitely an amazing player along with others. She continued to cheer for them until the final whistle was blown with Inarizaki claiming their victory.

• • •

Since there were no left matches for the day, Kami stood up and headed towards the team. When she saw them, she greeted and congratulated them for their wins today. They all thanked her while Atsumu commented how it was easy as a pie. Osamu, on the other hand, handed back the container which was initially full of rice balls.

"How was the rice ball?"

"It was delicious. Can you make me more next time?" Osamu asked.

She was about to reply until Atsumu interfered. "Why did you make food for Samu only?!"

Kami looked at him confused. "What are you talking about? I told him to share. Why do you think I made a lot?"

Upon her reply, everyone's eyes turned to Osamu who was avoiding Kami's eyes. 

"Samu, what the fuck?! You fuckin pig!" Atsumu yelled in anger.

"Osamu? Care to explain?" Kami asked. 

Osamu did not reply that she slapped his arms. "Share next time!"

He nodded like a sad puppy that made her sigh. "I'll cook for you more often, so just share when I ask you to, okay?"

Osamu nodded in a better mood as there was a happy aura around him.