Chapter 16

⚠ Trigger warning for those who can't read abuse or death. I'm not sure if I was detailed with it, but there would be mentioning of death and abuse of a parent.

• • •

Practice matches were continued until the sun went down.

"It feels like we just cooked a while ago and yet here we are, preparing dinner already," Kami mumbled.

"I know right. Thank goodness that we at least have few managers to help each other."

Everyone soon entered and enjoyed dinner together. Meanwhile, Kami headed out to feel the night breeze instead. As she sat on the bench, she stared at the sky. She smiled softly, but it was replaced with a frown quickly. 

"Nii-chan, how are you...?" She mumbled sadly. "Are you one of those stars? Are you watching me?"

She sighed as she continued to stare at the sky. 

"Why are you sitting here alone?" She heard Akaashi's voice behind her.

Without turning back, she replied, "I wanted to feel the night breeze."

"The breeze is quite nice," Akaashi said.

She nodded with a slight smile.

After a moment of hesitation, Akaashi asked, "Kami, is something bothering you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you just have a sad atmosphere around you. I got worried," he explained.

"Oh, it's nothing really."

"If you are sure," Akaashi said. "But I'm always here to listen."

"Thanks, Akaashi."

Akaashi then sat down beside her. He contemplated for a while before bringing up another topic, in hopes to alter her mood. "Are you dating Osamu-kun?"

"Huh? Where did that come from? He's one of my best friends," Kami said in confusion.

"Well, the way he looks at you was definitely more than a friend," Akaashi smiled.

Kami shook her head. "I don't think he really sees me like that."

Akaashi chuckled before he mumbled, "He still has a long way to go."

However, it went unheard by Kami.

• • •

Kami was heading back to the room as she dried her hair with a towel. As she was walking, she bumped into someone, who was unfamiliar to her. She tilted her head in confusion. "Who are you?"

The person looked surprised at her question. "Oya? Princess, do you not recognize me?"

When she heard him call her princess, it clicked to her. "Kuroo-san? I didn't recognize you at all with your hair down."

Kuroo laughed. "I can't help it. My sleeping habit creates my hairstyle. Anyway, you should hurry back to your room before you catch a cold with your wet hair."

Kami waved at him before walking past him. However, she bumped into someone again when she turned around the corner. When she looked up, she screamed in fright.

"K-Kami! I'm sorry! It's me! Asahi!"

Kami clenched her chest as she took several deep breaths. "I'm sorry, Asahi-san. But you really gave me a fright from the dark."

Asahi was about to reply when several footsteps rushed towards them. Both of them looked towards the sound and saw the twins, Akaashi, Suga, Sawamura, and Kita. "What happened?!"