𝖛𝖎. Asda Escapades

C h a p t e r s i x . . .

The Brockmans' house was approximately a 10 minute drive from the nearest Asda: a journey, which Natalia (thanks to her speeding the whole way) was able to make in half the time

The Brockmans' house was approximately a 10 minute drive from the nearest Asda: a journey, which Natalia (thanks to her speeding the whole way) was able to make in half the time. In fact, due to her only having a provisional license it was a journey she shouldn't have taken at all - completely illegal - but she would much rather risk punishment from the police than face the disappointment of Sue and Pete. Besides, she didn't mind the police, if they looked anything like DI Arnott and Cottan from Line of Duty.

She also felt extremely worried about crashing Sue's car on the way there (which Jake had insisted they take), but if worse came to worst, she figured she could always throw the eldest Brockman under the bus. Luckily, the trip was made safely and they arrived inside the supermarket without too much of a fuss from Karen and Ben.

"Right, so we need to quickly find the vase and be out of here," Natalia instructed firmly. "I think we should split up into two to cover the aisles, as fast as we can."

Grabbing her hand, Ben grabbed on to her, grinning at her sweetly. "Can I come with you, Natalia?"

The blonde nodded, not minding which Brockman child she got. Her primary thoughts were on restoring the house to order. Jake, on the other hand, wasn't comfortable with his infatuated younger brother being around Natalia and asked to switch.

"Ben, you should come with me. You're too much of a nightmare for Natalia to handle alone. Karen, you go with Natalia instead."

Starting to kick his feet, Ben protested, but the promise of a five-pound note soon silenced him.

"Do you always bribe your siblings to do your bidding?" Natalia asked, laughingly.

"You should see Dad. With the amount of fivers he's slipped Ben over the years, I'm surprised he's not a child millionaire by now."

Natalia grinned. "Right, let's get back on track. If you find the vase, text me."

"I don't have your number," Jake replied with a smile. "Does this Asda escapade mean I finally get to be blessed with the contact details of Natalia Hamill?"

Taking his phone and inputting her number, Natalia replied, "You truly are blessed, Brockman. Consider yourself a lucky bugger."

The group of four then split into pairs: the two brothers and the two girls. They took opposite ends of the supermarket, aiming to meet in the middle.

The first area Karen and Natalia ended up in was the clothes section, which they quickly passed. Second, was the cards and celebration aisle and third, the toiletries aisle. They rushed through the aisles with increasing pace and Natalia was satisfied that they would soon get to the homeware section, until she was dragged to a halt by Karen.