𝖎𝖛. Holiday Heartbreak

C h a p t e r f o u r . . .

Upon seeing his schoolmate stood at the bottom of the stairs, with an entertained smirk painted across her lips at his embarrassing actions, Jake blushed slightly

Upon seeing his schoolmate stood at the bottom of the stairs, with an entertained smirk painted across her lips at his embarrassing actions, Jake blushed slightly. He pulled out his earphones and shoved them into his pocket.

Natalia grinned. "Well, Jake Brockman. I definitely bet you look good on the dancefloor!"

He rolled his eyes and groaned. "Ha ha, absolutely hilarious." Jake then shook his head, raising an eyebrow. "Wait, sorry. What are you even doing in my house in the first place?"

Natalia pulled out the crumpled advertisement from her back pocket and waved it around in front of his face. "I saw this, saying there was a family in need of a babysitter tonight and I thought, why not?"

Jake's eyes widened. "Wait, you're the babysitter?"

The blonde chuckled. "That's me."

At that moment, Ben traipsed around the corner, beaming widely. "Natalia... will you come and play a game?"

The girl nodded and began walking towards the living room. She turned back and saw a bewildered Jake still stood in a daze at the the bottom of the staircase. Natalia rolled her eyes playfully with a laugh, before grabbing his hand and dragging him behind her. "Oh, come on, Jake. Don't be a spoilsport. Have some fun!"

"Fun? With Ben and Karen? I'm pretty sure that's going to be impossible. Well, you'll see when the night's over."

Natalia rolled her eyes once more, whilst Jake submissively followed the blonde to the living room, as she led him by the hand.

The teenager sat down on the settee in front of the currently switched-off TV and Jake sat down directly next to her. Ben frowned and attempted to wedge himself in-between the pair and in doing so, squirming about on both of their laps. Jake groaned.

"Ben, get off! What do you think you're doing?"

The young boy scowled at his older brother. "I want to sit down!"

"Well, sit next to me. There's plenty of room," Jake retorted.

"Yes, but I want to sit next to Natalia," Ben protested with a whine.

Natalia smiled bemusedly at Jake with a raised eyebrow. "Jake... just move up and let him sit in the middle."

With a huff, the eldest boy shuffled to the left, as a triumphant Ben placed himself in the middle of the two teenagers.