The Other Side

-fast forward to the day of the flight-

(Lani's POV)

Lani: Thanks Alyssa and Ms. Emerson for having me!

Alyssa: Bye Lani! 

*the girls hug for a few seconds and then Lani pulls away*

Lani: Sorry we couldn't finish the sleepover, maybe we could finish it some other time! 

Alyssa: Yeah!

Ms. Emerson: Yes Lani, that'd be a great idea, if only we would've had more time.

*Alyssa's face changes from a smile to a serious face pretty quick.*

Alyssa: No mom, nope not right now!

Alyssa whispers to her mom: She's about to go meet her brother don't make her sad!

Ms. Emerson: But by the time she gets back we'll be gone!

Alyssa: Mom!

Lani: Wait, what?

I start to break apart inside. Are they m-moving when I get back??

Ms. Emerson: I'm sorry Lani, we'll be moving to the UK.

Lani: Oh, okay. It'll kinda be sad after this but when I go see my brother, I'll go see you because he lives in England so we won't be too far! 

Don't cry, stay on the happy side. I can feel tears building up as I pick up my bags to walk home. 

Alyssa: Bye Lani! See you on the other side!

Ms. Emerson: Yeah! See you soon Lani!

Lani: Bye! *voice breaks*

As I walked down the sidewalk, since my house is only a block away, I think about how life will be without Alyssa at home, how I'll have to split time between Mom, Dad, Toby, and Alyssa. I opened the door, being shoved by Y/N.