Chapter 3 - A Dream

Bestin asked the locals about the library's location despite the merchant showed him the way, he just wanted conformation. He thought to himself, "This has to be a dream right?, there's no fucking way I'm actually here". He looked down, thinking to himself how all of this is a part of mind games that's been lingering in his mind. He decided to sit down on a bench nearby, taking out the bandages and ointments he bought from the merchant, applying it on the wound that was located on top of his head. The burning sensation made him flinched a bit as he groaned, his eyes was fixed at a particular shop that had a familiar architecture. He snapped out of it and said to himself, "This is it!  This was the place I was in the last time!"

The door bell rings as the sound echoed throughout the room, it is rather quiet the moment he entered the place, he look around to see if anyone was there. Until he saw a familiar figure standing right in front of him, having the same warm smile on his face. Bestin was filled with rage as he quickly ran to the shop keeper, grabbing him by his collar as he yelled, "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO ME OLD MAN!!! I DEMAND ANSWERS!!". The shop keeper shrugged it off as he pushed Bestin away from him. The shop keeper replied, "This is merely a test young man, don't worry about it, you're going to do just fine". Bestin look at him confused, as he refused to let go of the old man, "What do you mean by this is a test?! I didn't want any of this, I just want to go home okay? so tell me how tf am I supposed to go home safely", he said. Bestin's eyes was filled with rage and confusion, he had no clue what the old man just said to him.

The old man walked toward this particular bookshelf as he pulled a book from the shelf, it triggered something. Bestin was shocked to find the bookshelf is a secret door that leads to a different place. The old man went down to the basement area as he grabbed a torch nearby to light up the way. Bestin started to hesitate to follow the old man, not knowing the secret that lies ahead. The old man looked at him and said, "There's no need to be afraid young man, I'm in no shape to harm you to begin with. Now follow me, I have something to show you", he said. Bestin question the old man again, "What if this is one of your mind games? You think I would fall for that?". The old man stood there silently as he pointed out the book that Bestin was holding.

Bestin looks at the book again and his eyes were looking back at the old man who's standing in front of him. He told the old man," I want to know what this book means and why you gave it to me, among all people you could choose, why did you decided to test me?". The old man chuckled as he replied, "The book you're holding contains the secrets from the past, the symbols you've seen resembles the factions that are exist in this world. Not only that, the book holds the answers that you need and it also contains information of the lost treasures from the ancient time. It won't go well if it falls in the wrong hands". Bestin responds to the old man, "What does this have to do with me? You can keep the book yourself if you feel like there's too many dangers once the book falls into the wrong hands, I'm sorry old man but I can't keep it. There's no reassurance that I can keep it safe with me". The old man look at him as he pulled Bestin and showed him the previous guardians who took care of the book. He stood there frozen, no words utter from his mouth. Then a familiar face made him stunned there frozenly. He looks closer as he gasps, looking at the old man shockingly, "This couldn't be real.. How did you know my brother?"