Old Friends³

╞════∘◦ ☾ ◦∘════╡

1st Person Pov, Y/N

I stood there, taking in shaky breaths, looking into the amber irises I've dreamed about. It's him, he's here. Looking over the man's figure he looked so familiar yet so different. It was like I had sudden tunnel vision and all I could focus on was him. He had gotten slightly taller, I could see the muscles he still had through his neatly rolled sleeves. Kuroo looked more handsome than he did before, if that was even possible. No one said anything, it was as if time had stopped and it was only the two of us in the gym. A large hand was placed on my back, grounding me back to reality.

"Y/N. We're all done for the day, lets head home." Iwaizumi's soft voice breaks me out of the small trance I was in as he lightly rubbed circles on my back with his thumb. Letting out a shaky 'Okay' he led me out of the gymnasium, up to our shared office. I dared to take one last glance behind me as we left. Bokuto was trying to strike a conversation with Kuroo but his eyes never left me, or rather Iwaizumi's hand that was still placed on my lower back. Once we reached the stairs I let out a breath I didn't know was being held, grabbing onto the handrail for support. 

"Y/N, breathe." Iwaizumi says, pulling me into an embrace as my body began to slightly shake. He ran one hand slowly up and down my spine while the other played with my hair, attempting to calm me. Why did Kuroo still have this effect on me? It's been six years, six fucking years

I don't recall how long we sat in the stairwell, it took a while for my breathing to become regulated. My heart still pounded in my chest every time I thought back to the moment I had just shared with the man in the gym. Eventually, Iwaizumi decided I was calm enough to finish the short journey to our office. As we entered the room I looked towards my daughter. No, Kuroo and I's daughter. Amber eyes stared back at me, looking over my figure, no doubt still slightly trembling.

"Honey, we're done for today so we can start heading home. Do you want to try sushi tonight? We can order a bunch of things so we can find out what you like." I walked over to my desk to turn my computer off and grab my bag, Iwaizumi doing the same. I turned and gave the girl as warm of a smile I could muster. She simply nodded cheerfully in response, getting up from the couch to grab my hand. 

As we walked through the building I couldn't help but feel nervous, knowing I could run into Kuroo at any moment. Someone I wasn't prepared to come across though, was a familiar pudding-haired male who was currently pacing in the lobby on his phone. Once again I locked eyes with a male from my past, this time I was less worried about his presence until his gaze turned to the girl clutching my hand. An emotion I couldn't describe flashed across Kenmas's face as he peered at my daughter, her features striking an uncanny resemblance to his best friend.