Coffee⁶

╞════∘◦ ☾ ◦∘════╡

3rd Person POV

"I think we should go get that coffee now."

Those were the last words that Kuroo had spoken to Y/N nearly an hour ago. Iwaizumi offered to take Tetsumi back to the apartment so the two could talk properly, much to the little girl's displeasure. Kuroo found himself slightly irritated that she had so much trust in Iwaizumi to let him take her to the apartment he learned that they share. He found solace in the fact that the little girl only referred to the other man as 'Uncle Hajime'.

Now the pair sat across from each other in a booth in the back corner of a small cafe. If not for the circumstances it would've been an enjoyable place to be. It was a half cafe half bookstore littered with various sizes of plants and bookshelves were scattered throughout. The glow from the evening sun peaked beautifully through the large windows, casting heavenly rays on the pair that were staring at their lukewarm coffee. 

The uncomfortable silence was seeping anxiety into the female's skin, her leg was bouncing inaudibly under the table. Finally when she decided she couldn't take it anymore, knowing she would have to face Kuroo's wrath at some point. Y/N spoke first.

"Kuroo I-."

"Were you just planning to hide this from me forever?" Kuroo's voice was soft, it could barely be heard over the loud hums of the expresso machines if they had not been so close. Y/N's breath hitched as she raised her head to meet his gaze. Kuroo looked so sad.

"No." She said firmly, trying her best to not her nerves show through her voice. "I tried to tell you... For two years actually."

"What?"

"When I first found out I was pregnant the first thing I did was try to call you, only to find you had blocked all possible contact with me. I even tried to go through Kenma, he just always said you didn't want to speak to me." Y/N said the last few words quietly, now looking down at her fingers as she fiddles with the cup in front of her. "I tried once a week for two years, after that I gave up."