6~ Horror Movie

Previously
We stood against the wall outside the living room and Jake cautiously leaned to look inside. He flipped the switch and screams were heard.

MC POV

I shrinked back behind Jake as I listened. Suddenly, a deep boyish laugh vibrated and I turned to see the source. It was Jake. His laugh was music to my ears, beautiful, deep and melodious. I was confused as to why he was laughing. I looked at him curiously. He noticed this and gestured towards the living room. I slowly peeped in and was flabbergasted at the sight infront of me.

A horrified looking Dan, Richy and Thomas, who was currently holding a pillow to his chest stood protectively with their arms out shielding Lilly, Jessy, Cleo and Hannah who sunk behind the three of them. What caught my attention next was the TV. Things finally seemed to make sense and I let out a loud laughter along with Jake. They were watching a horror movie and it looked as if we scared the shit out of them. I guess that explains why all the lights were off. There were several bowls of popcorn and beverages on the table, some of the popcorn were scattered on the floor and on the couch where they were seated. I figured that must have happened when Jake flipped the switch and they got scared. Considering the volume the TV was playing at right now, I was sure they couldn't hear us enter from here in the living room.

"Oh my goodness! You two scared the crap out of us!" Jessy let out a loud dramatic breath holding her heart. Jake and I just laughed. "Was it really necessary to take off all of the inside lights." Jake asked. "We just wanted enjoy the horror movie." Cleo shrugged. "When did you all get here?" I questioned curiously. I couldn't exactly remember seeing their cars outside when we came in. Then again I wasn't paying that much attention. "We came a few hours ago. Lilly invited us all to have a movie night and stay over. We texted you two but got no reply." Dan said. "Where were you two though." Dan asked raising his eyebrows while crossing his arms across his chest. "We were uh we were grabbing lunch." Jake answered scratching the back of his neck while he glanced at me. Dan smirked and Hannah did too. "At six in the afternoon?" He asked a mischievous grin on his face. "We should continue the movie!" I said in an involuntarily high pitched voice. They all watched me. "Sure ok." Lilly said. She picked up the scattered popcorn and disposed them. After that she turned the lights back off.

They all returned to their seats on the couch. There were three couches in the living room, two small ones and a large one. Hannah and Thomas occupied one of the small ones and so did Jessy and Dan. Hannah sat cuddled up with Thomas and laid back on his chest while they shared popcorn from one bowl. They looked cute. Jessy and Dan sat together sharing a blanket. Lilly pulled Jake to sit with her while Richy and I remained standing there awkwardly. Richy went to sit and pulled me along with him. We sat a couple of inches from Jake and Lilly on the big couch. He collected a bowl of popcorn and beverages for us. "Here." He said as he handed me a can of soda and the popcorn. We settled down onto the couch and watched the movie. We were watching a movie called 'The Invitation'. I was paying keen attention to what was happening. The main character was about to open some door in a basement. "Boo!" Richy shouted. I screamed loudly and shot up from my seat, scaring Lilly who was next to me and capturing everyone's attention. He said that right when the the door opened and at the same time insanely dramatic music was playing. The others laughed. "Hey!" I laughed, playfully hitting Richy's arm. He held up his hands in mock surrender. "Sorry, sorry." He said in between chuckles. We continued the movie but Richy didn't. "Aren't you gonna watch the movie?" I asked him, keeping my voice quiet making sure not to disturb the others. "I watched it before." I nodded "Oh." "And besides am not a sucker for horror movies." He laughed lightly. "Oh. I'm guessing Jessy chose this one." We chuckled. "Yup, she did. What genre do you like most?" He asked. "Meh I watch anything as long as I find it interesting." I stated while munching on popcorn. "Oh."

We continued the movie in comfortable silence for about the next hour. Richy fell asleep, slightly leaning on me while hugging a bag of chips. I chuckled softly at his position. Dan also fell asleep. I glanced over to Jake only to find him already looking at me. I gave him a soft smile to which he returned. "Ughhh", Lilly stood up and groaned stretching widely. " You guys ready for pizza?" She asked. Dan suddenly perked up. "Damn right I am." He spoke groggily, yawning at the same time. All the others agreed. "Um, amma go have a shower real quick and come back down." I said. "Yea me too." Jake chimed in. We both had too because we went out. They nodded and proceeded towards the kitchen while Jake and I started up the stairs.

We made it up and went to our separate rooms. I picked out simple and comfortable but stylish clothes. I picked out a red spaghetti strap cropped top and black sweatpants. That was comfortable enough to sleep in. I took a quick shower and washed my hair. I then got ready and looked at myself in the mirror. My clothes were simple but I looked really cute in them. Since I just finished washing my hair, I dried it and braided it into two Dutch braids.

 Since I just finished washing my hair, I dried it and braided it into two Dutch braids

(Visual representation of what MC's wearing)

After about fifteen minutes, I was finished dressing, I went out and locked my door and started down the stairs. I saw Jake at the bottom. "Hey!" I called out to him. His head whipped towards my direction. "Hey." He smiled at me, giving my body a once over. I checkem him out too. He was wearing black sweatpants and a simple while t shirt. His biceps and defined chest very prominent as his hands were in his pocket. This is the most casual I've ever seen him dress. I walked down to him. "How do you always manage to make everything you wear look good on you?" He teased with a grin. "I was wondering the same thing about you." I replied. He just chuckled.

We made our way back to the others in the kitchen. They were all seated at the kitchen island eating pizza and other snacks along with a drink or beer to go with it. "Why is it that you two always show up together?" Dan asked a cheeky grin on his face. I just rolled my eyes while Jake chuckled and shook his head. I took a seat next to Hannah while Jake sat next to Thomas and Lilly. "Hey." I greeted Hannah as I sat down. "Hi." She grinned widely at me. "What? Why you looking at me like that?" I asked her. Whats it with everyone smirking and grinning at us. "Nothing...." She replied. I sqinted my eyes suspiciously at her. "By the way you look cute." She complimented. She was trying to change to topic so I let it slide. "Yes she does." Jessy chimed in, beaming at us. I laughed lightly. "Thanks." I took a slice of chicken pizza which looked very tempting and a can of soda. "People." Dan called out and everyone turned to look at him. "Let's play." He said. "Play what?" Thomas asked.

"Truth or Dare." Dan smirked devilishly. I had a feeling this was gonna be very interesting.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
(AN)
What did you think was gonna happen after you read the last chapter??? Anywho sorry for taking so long. I hope you enjoy it. Vote and comment if you want. Bye~