The one who got away

~She was his salvation

~She was his salvation. He was her destruction. Now she's gone leaving wounds on the heart of a heartless soul.~

-Anyway, We Miss you.
Hayley.

Tears started to fall from his guilty eyes as he read the letter. He was lost. He had lost. She was gone and truly lost... This was the thing he feared all along. There was nothing he could do. She died twice right in front of him and the man who never lost, the feared bastard was bested, he was helpless.

All he could do was regret. All he could feel was remorse. It was all his fault. The egomaniac bastard was biting his nails. The thought 'she did not regret it' made his heart plunge.

He thought about all the moments they had spent together. She was his salvation. He had a deeply hidden desire for her which he never let out in fear of losing his brother or perhaps her. He thought she was the only one who had escaped the Mikaelson world, but she did not.

He once thought that perhaps in another thousand years he would tell her what she was to him. But now she would never know. She will never know that she was the one... She was the first one who wanted to believe in him except his family. She was the only one who never gave up on him ... after all the horrible things he had done to her, she should have gone.

Now he thinks 'it would have been better if she had gone or perhaps she was just the mother of his child... but she was much more she was his best friend, his salvation, someone to tell him it's going to be OK, she was his ....' he did not complete the thought. She was all he could ever want but never dared to have.

Now she was gone... His brother had his memories back. So once again he buries it all deep inside his broken heart. Now he has to be there for his brother because he knows Elijah unknowingly let the love of his life die. He has to be there for his daughter who lost her mother.

He wipes his tears because now it is all lost ... he was a lost person.
He now has to think about his daughter and hollow.. because Klaus Mikaelson won't look vulnerable ever.

But he still thinks perhaps she met him in another life he would be the one for her.....

He finally composes himself looking alright and strong going downstairs.  He looks like the heartless Klaus Mikaelson again.

♤♤♤