That night

::That night knows our secret. The one I buried within you and lived within me. I am sorry my love but don't worry that night's still young::

○○○

A/N: This story takes place when Klaus & Hayley go with Hope in Season 3.

They entered a hotel room they booked while they were away with hope. Hayley tucked Hope to sleep in her crib while Klaus watched.

"Hayley" he called out."What?"Can we talk?" He gestured her to follow him to the balcony. She did follow him holding a glass of champagne in her hand. "How is our little girl doing?" He asks."She's fine."

"I am sorry I took her away from you I was wrong." She replied I"it's ok" as if she did not want to have any further conversation on the topic. A moment of silence followed. Hayley sipped her champagne again.

"Can I ask you a question little wolf?" "You may" "What is about my brother that you love him so much?" Hayley thought 'really, this man wants to ask me about Elijah right now. Fine.'

"Elijah is my saviour. He is always there for me. He swore to protect me and all my life I wanted a family and someone who will protect me no matter what. And I know that Elijah will never abandon me." 'But he would abandon me' Klaus thought to himself. Perhaps Elijah was a saviour for both of them. But Klaus knew Hayley was the only thing keeping Elijah always with him helping him. "Ohh" was the only thing that escapes through Klaus' mouth.

Klaus wanted to find out something different from her though. Because Klaus could no longer keep it inside him. He wanted her. He wanted Hayley. He wanted to know that did she felt an ounce of anything he felt for her. So after thinking it through he asked "What about me? Do you umm. ... have anything to say about me?"

"Why are you asking me this, Klaus?" She was looking at him as if he was crazy. Klaus did not know what to say. "Well, maybe I just wanted to know."

"Klaus, you are my family just as you claim I am yours. You are my daughter's father and my partner." "Is that all?" He asked feeling a bit hurt.

"Klaus" she yelled. "Hayley I don't know what you feel but hear me out just once." He said.

"I am sorry Hayley. I have treated you so bad but still, you never gave up. You always wanted to believe me but I let you down." "Yes, you did. You bastard, you turned my entire pack into wolves and left me that way if it wasn't for Davina I would still be a wolf roaming into bayou" She answers angrily because she does not intend to show that she feels something too.

"You took Hope, you deserved that," He said angrily. Klaus instantly hated himself for saying that. "Fuck off Klaus." She huffs.

She turned around making her way to go inside the room, Klaus held her arm and turned her around facing him and said, "Sorry but just hear me out" Hayley did not say anything so he continued. "I am scared of losing Elijah Hayley... I feel for you. I don't know whether I say love. But I said I trust you looking straight into your eyes and in return you betray me? Because saying I trust you mean so much to me you would never know." Seriously?! So you curse me?!" "I am truly sorry I let paranoia get the best of me like always. Also, I was protecting you." "Well then thank you. Is that what you want to hear?"

"I let you down and I hate myself for that. You have lived in dark all your life and I made it worse for you so I understand you need someone like Elijah-" She cuts him off saying "Just like you needed Camille? She was your light wasn't she?" Hayley knows he changed the topic and brought it back on which she did not want to talk about.