Oblivion - Chapter 34

(A/N IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!)

Ella's POV

I open eyes and feel an arm around my waist. I recognised that arm and smiled. I decided to turn over and wake him up with a kiss, thinking that he was probably asleep. I tried to move, doing my best to not to freak my boyfriend out, but I realised that I couldn't. His grip was too strong. Suddenly, I feel him whispering and kissing softly the top of my head. He held me tighter in his arms, his hands were just below my breast, on my upper stomach. I was wearing a tee shirt but his touch made me shake.

"Dan..." I whispered

"Yes darling?" He breathed.

"I can't move..." I blurted out.

"Oh sweety, I'm sorry." He let go of my body and I turned over facing the slightly worried Dan.

"It's okay" I giggled, holding his hand. "I wanted to turn over but you were holding me just too tight..." He smiled, playing with a strand of my curly hair and pulled me closer to his body.

"Too tight?" He gazed at me.

"No, not too tight..." I half-smirked. "But you're strong..."

"Do you think I'm strong?" He asked.

"I really do. You can actually pick me up so..."

"What was that supposed to mean?" He frowned.

"I'm not skinny... and not light either..." I played with his fingers.

"I'm glad you're not skinny..." He whispered. "Being skinny means having no meat on your bones... and you have meat on your bones..." He sits properly, pulls me to his body and lifts me to then place me on his lap.

"I wonder how I still haven't smashed you." I say making him chuckle lightly. "I mean, I'm obviously heavy..." Out of the blue, he crashes his lips on mine and holds my hand intertwining our fingers. 

"You're beautiful the way you are, you're not heavy and I love you." We lock our lips again. Hearing those words from his mouth made me feel incredibly confident. 

"I love you too..." I peck his lips.

*****

"It's almost 9. Do you feel like eating anything?" I ask Dan as the credits of Unforgettable show up on the computer screen.

"No, I want to be here, warm in bed, with you..." He holds his arms around my waist tighter, as if he wanted to stop me from leaving him. "But are you hungry?"

"No, I'm not." I made myself more comfortable. 

"Then, none of us is leaving this bed..." He smirked. We locked eyes and I found myself getting lost in the stormy blue of his eyes. The phone buzzing on the bedside table, snap me out of my thoughts. I unlocked it and saw that I had a text from Rose. "THE RESULTS OF THE EXAMS ARE OUT!!!" Dan saw the message and immediately placed the laptop on his lap, googling Leeds University. Unconsciously, I squeezed Dan's hand and he planted a kiss on my forehead. 

"It's okay..." He pecked my lips.

"What if I failed?" I blurt out, trying really hard not to cry. 

"Don't ever say that..." He placed his index finger on my lips. "I'm sure you didn't fail..." I wrapped my arms around him. We stood like that for some seconds until I nodded.

"Okay, let's do this..." He exhaled, clicking on the university site. He then unlocked his phone and copyed his password to enter in the evaluation part of the site. It logged in shortly after. We were already biting our nails. I knew that he was nervous too but as an amazing boyfriend, he didn't want to show weakness. He downloaded the file of our results and those 6 seconds of downloading seemed really long. He looked at me when the download was complete. I nodded and he clicked. Loads of numbers showed up.