SIX ; feelings

"And, uh

"And, uh... what's this?" Gilbert asked. He held up a stick of thyme in front of his face as he inspected it. The three of them sat side by side, hiding behind the greenery in the garden.

Syd had a deadpan expression on her face as she glared at Gilbert. He hadn't eaten a single bite of the delicious medicine, Syd was already halfway finished, because he was busy asking what every ingredient was to Bash, who moved the wooden spoon around the bowl.

She couldn't stop thinking about the way Bash's spirit was completely and utterly shattered, Syd could tell by the way his face reflected that of her mother's four years ago.

Bash didn't even so much as glance over at Gilbert before answering, "A stick of thyme. Seasoning. The 'Bush'."

Gilbert and Syd looked over at their friend, Syd having her spoon sticking out of her mouth as she slurped up every last bit of the bush medicine.

"And uh..." Gilbert continued, clearly desperate to get a reaction out of the man. Syd showed a bewildered look on her face as she turned to her best friend, giving him a firm tug on a lock of his dark, curly hair causing him to wince and hold his hand up to his head.

"Just eat the food, Gilbert," Syd whispered harshly through clenched teeth, just loud enough for Gilbert to hear and not Bash.

But alas, much to Syd's dismay, Gilbert kept going, "this?" He asked.

Finally, Bash turned to the other boys. He looked at the small dumpling Gilbert rolled around in his hand and concluded his answer.

"A cornmeal dumpling." Bash said plainly.

Gilbert nodded, obviously not pleased with his simple answer. He closed his eyes and opened his mouth and led the food into his mouth, before feeling his fingers empty and his mouth closing around nothing.

His eyes shot open and he looked around on the ground and in his bowl to see where he had dropped it. After looking around and lifting his legs, he looked over at the blonde boy, who had a half smug, half sheepish smirk adorning her freckled face.

His jaw dropped and he watched as Syd chewed the dumpling and hummed with approval.

"De-licious!" Syd swallowed and hems her head up. Gilbert couldn't help but smile at his friend next to him as he dug around for more cornmeal dumplings.

Once he found one, Gilbert raised his eyebrows as he popped it into his mouth. "Hmm. Amazing." He turned his whole body towards Bash and pointed to the bowl of medicine and spoke, "If this is medicine... I wish I was sick every day."