✯𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄✯

Like a sweet tooth craving candy
I have such a longing I can hardly stand it.

⎯𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉'𝓈 𝒟𝑒𝓈𝒾𝓇𝑒

The fault in our stars, Wave, If I stay, A monster calls, Being Mortal, The Long way home, The Inferno

 each book has a great description of dying and some about the afterlife. And, yet despite all that reading, no one is ever prepared for it.

All the books have depicted dying as a sensation that although happens in a fast manner still feels like hours passed before you let out your last breath. The thoughts you have all centered around the people you love, the people you could have loved, and the ones you loved too much and still let go. The sorries that went un-said, and the memories made with the people that had no problem in royally pissing you off, but always bringing a smile to your face. 

Aubrielle could feel a sense of numbing taking over her body as she slowly but surely died, and like the books she read each one did have a little sense of truth. She did think of the people she loved, and the boy she never was able to admit her crush to. But, most of all the books were wrong too. 

Maybe it was for the drama or the sense of angst an author decides they want to give the reader by drawing out a character's death but for Aubrielle...her death was fast. Painful and fast. 

She never gasped for breath, nor did she shed any tears. It was as if she couldn't cry, she didn't have the energy to. She used all her energy to stay focused on the star-lit sky above her, and as she did, she distantly thought if soon, she'd be up there too. With strangers all around the world looking up and saying how beautiful she was now.

As the EMTs rushed towards her and started preparing to try and save her, Aubrielle cracked a small smile and thought, Her ending was way better than any of those books were.