Chapter Fourteen

A/N:

Just a heads up, the song above has no connection to this chapter :) I just thought it would be nice to listen to while you guys read :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione

It had been two weeks since Hermione's break-up with Ron, two long weeks of crying, eating, and moping around in her flat.

It was ludicrous to even think that Hermione could be going through the stages of a break-up, even though she had been the one who had broken things off with Ron, but according to countless websites created by trusted psychologists on the internet, this was absolutely normal.

For the past two weeks, Hermione had barely been talking to anyone... well, except for Harry, who was the only one who knew about her break-up with Ron. Besides him, Hermione kept quiet in attempts to avoid the suspicions of others; such as her co-workers, friends, and family.

It pained Hermione to do this, but if word got out that her and Ron had broken up, or worse, that Ron had become an abusive alcoholic, the press would gladly take it upon themselves to share it with the wizarding world. That was her cruddy excuse to Harry, but in reality, she couldn't bring herself to look into the eyes of her loved ones and pretend that everything was okay, because it wasn't. And Hermione didn't know how long it would take until it would be.

No matter, having the press narrate her problems and share them with the whole world was a problem of its own. Hermione could see the headlines of The Daily Prophet's next newspapers flitting before her eyes;

'THE GOLDEN COUPLE SPLITTING UP? HOW THE WIZARDING WAR HEROES HERMIONE GRANGER AND RONALD WEASLEY'S RELATIONSHIP CAME TO AN END.'

'RONALD WEASLEY: THE ABUSIVE ALCOHOLIC THAT HAD US ALL FOOLED.'

'HERMIONE GRANGER SUFFERS FROM SEVERE PTSD AFTER DRUNK EX-BOYFRIEND RONALD WEASLEY STRIKES HER WITH HIS BARE HANDS.'

Hermione remembered how badly the press attacked Harry and Ginny after their break-up. It was horrible; reporters from The Daily Prophet would follow them everywhere, recording every unimportant detail of their normal wizarding lives to see if they could cook up a brilliant story for their readers. They would appear at the Ministry, bombarding poor Harry with inappropriate questions that violated his private life, and wait until Ginny's Quidditch practice was over so they could drown her with ghastly questions about her relationship with Harry.

If the press knew that she and Ron had broken up, what happened with Harry and Ginny would be happening to them, except fifty times worse. Harry and Ginny had a friendly break-up, rather than her and Ron. They broke things off with alcohol and abuse and screaming and shutted doors- not a calm and civilized conversation explaining how things just wouldn't work out. The Daily Prophet would sure as hell get more juicy gossip out of their break-up rather than Harry and Ginny's.

So Hermione kept the secrets all to herself, like she always had. Except, now, she had the help of Harry, her dear friend Harry Potter who sat with her watching a movie while she worried about what if's that he would frown upon.

Harry sat next to her, hogging a bowl of popcorn with his brilliant green eyes glued to the screen. As always, his jet black hair was a disheveled mess, ebony strands sticking out in all sorts of places. He was relaxed on Hermione's couch, leaning against the cushiony backrest as he shoved popcorn into his mouth with his long legs stretched out in front of him.

They were watching an action movie, one with lots of fighting and guns and roadside accidents that didn't seem that realistic. Though, most action movies aren't that realistic anyways. The blood and gore had made Hermione cringe, so she tuned the movie out and retreated back to her thoughts.