154

"I'm here again, Serene." Umupo si Chastity malapit sa kapatid.

"When will you wake up?" Umangat ang kamay niya para hamplusin ang pisngi nito. "Hmm?"

"It's been two days. Gising ka na please. Hindi ko kakayanin pag wala ka. I'm sorry, Serene. I regret everything. I'm really sorry, Serene. Kung sana hindi ko pinairal ang inggit ko, close pa rin siguro tayo. Close pa rin siguro tayo nila Kione, Diamante, Davon, at Agustous. I'm sorry. It was because of me why they started ignoring you. I told them to stay away from you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I can only imagine the pain you felt. I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry for being jealous. I was jealous because you can do the things you wanted. You were not sick. You were always happy, like you have no problems at all. I envy your life. And it was wrong of me to think like that. That... that day. When you went to the clinic, sana naghinala na ako. Sana naalagaan kita. You could have talked to me. I'm your sister, your twin. But because of me being a bitch to you, napalayo pa ang loob mo sa akin. I can still remember, Serene. That day... pinagbuhatan ka pa ng kamay ni Dad, not knowing what you've been through. And it was still because of me. I'm sorry for invalidating your feelings. I don't know kung ano ang pinagdaraanan mo but I'm sure na mas mahirap yung dinanas mo. I experienced being sick and it hurts so bad. Mom and Dad were always beside me. They were there in times where I could not aid myself. They were there in my sleepless nights. And because of me, hindi ka na nila natignan ng maayos. They were so frightened of losing me that they didn't realize they were slowly losing you as well. Akala nila kaya mo, Serene. Akala nila mas malakas ka kesa sa akin. Looking at you now... they were wrong. We were wrong. I'm sorry kasi ng dahil sa akin, nagkulang sina Mom and Dad sa'yo. I'm sorry kung hindi ako naging Ate sa'yo. I'm sorry kasi wala kami sa panahong kailangan mo kami. Dad and Mom, they recall the times where you would text or call them... yet they would always reply na busy sila. I'm sorry. I remembered that night too. Sabi mo pagod na pagod ka na. I'm sorry for being one of the reasons why you're tired. Don't give up please. Growing up, you lost that beautiful smile of yours. I want to change that, Serene. I want to see you smile. Kaya please gising ka na. Babawi pa ako, Serene. Let your Ate take care of you, please... "

Ilang oras pa ang tinagal ni Chastity bago niya pagpasyahang umalis na muna.

"I'll be back, Serene. I love you. Please always remember that." She stood up and kissed her sister's forehead. Ningitian niya ito bago tuluyang umalis.

But little did she know that it was her last time seeing her sister. 17th of March 2020, Serenity died.