Part 7 : Preparation

I'm sorry if I kept you waiting for the next chapter. I've had tuition and I have also been procrastinating with inazuma being released on genshin and watching youtube videos. 

Please point out any grammar or spelling mistakes I may have made in this chapter. Hope you enjoy.

-----------------------------------

I first decided to see how to join this adventurers guild. I just waited at the entrance for someone to come and join so I could watch. It took a few weeks but someone finally came and went through the whole process.

They first went to the counter, the person passes the receptionist a few silver coins, it seems you need to pay to become an adventurer. They then gave a sheet of paper to be filled out. I took a look at it and I have to write my name, level, class and skills. The skill section has two categories you can fill out: physical and magic. 

After they finished filling out the document, the receptionist went somewhere else. I followed her to the back. She grabbed a blank card from a drawer before walking over to a counter with a big horizontal rectangular piece of glowing tablet imbedded in it. She placed the blank card with the document on the tablet, the info on the paper was now displayed on the card except for the skills. I saw on the card something else, it was a capitalized D in the lower right corner of it.

I went back to the counter and she handed the card back to the guy. She then explained some adventurer ranks. There's D, C, B, A and S. D is basically for beginners and you raise up ranks based on experience and deeds.

Now that I have seen how the entry process works, I need to find basic equipment and maybe some clothes. The clothes I can just illusion so I don't think their necessary so just equipment for now. 

I go around looking for any equipment that I can get my hands on. I found a shop that sells equipment for adventurers. It wasn't that busy but there were quite a few people looking around for stuff. 

'Oh, there are shops like this. Well, it's convenient so I'm not complaining. Now let's see what we have here'

I browsed through the shop myself and knew what I wanted to get, gloves because I need to be able to touch things, a cloaks so that people won't just pass through me and some boots because I would be caught if my feet just phased through a random chair or someone found it weird that the grass doesn't change when I step on it.

'Um.. how do I get them put of here though? I don't really have any other way than stealing them but how am I gonna get these things out of here...'

So after some thinking and observing, I have made a plan on how to get these things out of here. I realized that I could wait until nighttime to get the equipment so I waited. At night, I will then curse the cloak, gloves and boots. 

For the cloak, I just made it heavier but because I have high speed and no stamina, it doesn't bother me. I made the gloves so that whoever put them on will experience pain while I have [Pain Nullity]. Finally the boots which I made them so that whatever damage is inflicted on it, will be 5 times as much. This is also a curse that won't affect me because I can't feel pain or take physical damage, I taught of this one since I taught it would be funny if someone was walking then stubbed their toe, well you can guess what happens.

I didn't really need to make different curses for them but I just felt like I needed to be at least creative in making them.

I went to grab the clothing and I could actually touch it.

"Cursing them does work huh. Not really anything else to do so guess I'll just go." I said as I flew towards the door only to be stopped by the clothes in my hands.

"Oh right... these can't pass through things like I can, well I should see if these gloves can help me touch stuff." I said as I put on the gloves. 

I put them on and I move my hands around seeing how the gloves are, and I actually open the door. It's not really a big deal but I can finally touch objects now, so that's something. I grab the rest of the equipment and leave the store.

'Now I just need money. The guy back then handed over I think 5 silver coins but where do I even get some money?'

"Oh, I could just illusion in some coins!", 'But could people actually touch them, they would only see it, but they can't touch it. This is clearly a big problem with that part of my plan. Who knew that finding a way to entertain yourself had so much thinking.'

'Let's think about this tomorrow, I have plenty of time'

While waiting for morning I just spent my wasted my time, looking in shops, flying around the city. I already kept the clothes in a secure place so no one should find it. Flying around the city I see a church. I just decided to go inside since I had nothing to do.

I was about to just fly through the roof to get inside but I couldn't go through.

'Huh.. why can't I- whatever I'm just gonna find another way in.'

I tried going through the walls but nothing, the windows also nothing and I tried the door but I couldn't pass through it either. Seems like the entire building is like that.

'Wait doesn't this mean that I can open the door normally *opens door normally*... guess I can' 

I went inside and it was very spacious. There were large, intricate windows along the sides of the large hall, above them was another row of windows. Further in was a raised platform where you would expect a priest to be. I could feel a very pleasant feeling in the entire building. 

So moving on with that, I found a door that seemed to lead to other rooms in the church. It was locked unlike the main door to the building which I realized was very odd. I definitely couldn't get through the door so I just abandoned my exploration of the church there and went elsewhere.

(A/N : I think it should be said that I am not good at describing buildings and medieval environments)

For the rest of the night, I flew all over the city until it was morning. I went to the an alley and picked up the clothes from a hidden place where I stashed them. They fit quite well. Although pretty loose but it makes sense, one size fits all kind of thing. 

I then started to casts illusion magic on myself so that I wouldn't look strange from being pure white. I got a good idea of the kind of clothes the locals where, and I just made my normal clothes but adjusted the design to fit the style of the them. I changed my hair and eye color back to black because I don't think even in this world someone would pass off as normal with white hair and eyes.

I found a puddle in the alley and looked at my appearance. I pretty much looked the same as I did in japan, just with different clothes. 

'This looks convincing' I thought as I was about to go to the register as an adventurer when I remembered, "Ah, right I need money"

I thought about it for a quite a bit and had the idea of using ice magic to make a physical body for the illusion coins. Because they would melt if I made them now, I plan to make the ice and cast the illusion magic on them when paying. 

Everything should go smoothly, this is the most excitement I've experienced since I fought that golem. This should be fun.