Part 14 : Observation Quest

OK done. Sorry readers, I had prioritize my real life stuff for a long time so I haven't had time to work on this story until now. Anyways, you'll probably need to wait a while until the next chapter because I think I may be busy very soon for school and other stuff. I basically do this when I have free time so yeah. I think that's all.

Now, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please point out any mistakes I may have made

=========================

Not long after I arrived at the northern gate, I see Philrei walking over with a large bag. I starting to think that this might be a regular occurrence. 

"Sorry, did you wait long?"

"Don't worry, I got here a few minutes ago. So, are we all set to go?"

"Yes, we've got everything we need."

We promptly set off, going in a straight line towards the forests. The forest was very nice to walk through. It wasn't dense and it was quiet. 

"This forest is quite nice isn't it?" I say while turning to look around at the forest

"It is. Though I've seen them so many times."

"So, what's the closest quest?"

"uh, we have an observations quest. We just need to look at our surroundings and note down anything. We'll need to go further in though."

"That's convenient. I was thinking of looking around anyways so now I can do the quest and enjoy the scenery as we go to the cave"

"Well, since we don't have anything to write, we should focus a bit more than enjoying the scenery."

"Yeah, you're right.

That reminds Philrei, you are quite mature for a teen. You are a teen right?"

"What's a teen? Is it a term from your home? Anyways, I'm considered a young man if that answers your question."

"Well, I would say you're quite mature for a young man. You don't get distracted, you prepare the necessary equipment for a trip, you are thoughtful and aren't careless when it comes to quests and fighting. Where I'm from at least, people around your age would be expected to be pretty... stupid."

"Well, I'm just a beginner adventurer so I need to be careful so I don't die out in the wild. This is all necessary for an adventurers survival. I decided to become an adventurer to gain experience so that I could join the military. It also provides some money so it was thinking it was a good decision. 

When I told my dad, he then spent the next few days hammering in that I needed to be careful and to not be overly arrogant and careless."

"Well, you're better off than me."

"We both still have a lot to learn about adventuring so let's just learn together."

We proceed to go deeper into the forest. I begin looking around more closely at the surroundings and nothings seems to be wrong. I notice then that I had tuned out my Mana sight. When I first got it, I could see the mana in the air and ground like glowing substance that flowed and floated through everything. 

Although since then I didn't notice anything like that. I think I just tuned it out. I looked around at the mana and I didn't see anything strange with it either. 

"Philrei, do you notice anything?"

"I don't see anything odd either."

"Should we continue looking?"

"I think we should look for a bit longer maybe we'll find something."

We continued our observations until we ran into some monsters. They looked like trees twisted into the shape of a snake.  The three of them crawls along the dirt and among the branches.