『𝟐𝟏』𝐀𝐁𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐁𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐒

𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝟗𝐓𝐇, 𝟖𝟓𝟎 𝐀𝐓 𝟏𝟏:𝟐𝟔

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

  Your rubber soles touched to terracotta as (E/C) hues fell on Armin and Mikasa, the latter sitting on the ground and the former kneeling next to her while worriedly asking her questions, "Mikasa! Are you injured?!"

  With a small sigh and downcasten gaze, she nodded her head lightly, "...I'm fine." The girl then worked herself up with care, directing her leaden spheres at you before she took a small step to you with a newly-appeared Connie speaking -Mikasa now placing herself between both Armin and you, "Hey! We've got to get a move on! This doesn't look good, we've got two fifteen-metre class titans right there!" he shouted, rightfully placed fear coating his voice in an overwhelming amount as he stared at the titan that had inadvertently saved you. He then changed his focus momentarily as he turned his head to you from your free side, eyebrows pinched in urgency as he continued to speak, "(Y/N), you have gas to fight if you need to, right?"

  "Yeah," you spoke, giving a curt, trained nod to the short-haired male in a growing determination to not die, "You two do as well, right? How're we going to handle this?"

  You looked back over to the fighting beast as it stood up straight and hobbled over and closer to another titan, power under each intense footfall as small streams of smoke waterfalled off of it, 'He may have accidentally helped us before, but that doesn't mean that he isn't going to turn on us the first chance he gets. As much as I'd like to think so, such a thing just isn't possible.' Its body was strangely proportionate for a titan, not under or overweight and oddly muscular; based on what you knew about the titans, it was an anomaly in a sea of creatures that were anomalies themselves.

  "No..." Mikasa protested in a mutter, eyes still glued onto the brown-haired titan that had captivated your attention as well, "That one titan..."

  Before anyone could say anything, the abnormal had neared the other blonde one, pulling its fist back and aiming another punch directly at its malformed face.

  "Huh?" you heard someone utter in disbelief.

  It wasn't much longer that the head of the blonde titan had been sent barrelling towards the four of you, making Connie yell a quick, "DUCK!" as everyone dropped to their knees and pushed themselves close to the dark amber tiles of the building's rooftop. A feminine hand pressed into your back, forcing you down further as you managed to look above yourself just in time to see the ginormous, cephalic ball be launched only a metre or two above you at speeds faster than you had seen or gone before.

  Slam.

  You were able to spin your head around and see the blonde's head collide with whatever it had as a booming sound echoed out, followed by the sound of a distal, falling barrage of debris. By the time that you had turned around fully, you were able to catch glimpses of the tail end of its head falling from a bell tower, another smaller thud playing out as the severed appendage apparently fell to the stone pathway that was sure to be surrounding the structure out of your sight -steam soon spiralling upwards from where it had fallen.

  Even if you had any words to speak, you weren't given the opportunity -seeing as the titan, the one with its head still attached, then flashed its green orbs to the blonde's decapitated and struggling-to-get-up body before lifting its pale foot and slamming it down into the headless beast's nape, just as it had done before with the other titan.

  "He... He finished the job?! Then he knew the weak point?!" Armin shouted, figure tense and horror deep in his tone as he tried to grasp the fact that a titan -who seemed to have some form of intelligence- was in your presence.