『𝟐𝟑』❝𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐄❞

𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝟗𝐓𝐇, 𝟖𝟓𝟎 𝐀𝐓 𝟏𝟓:𝟓𝟒

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

  The journey up to the top of the Walls had been too slow for your liking, the cart that had dragged both you and Marco up fifty metres seeming to have operated without a single care, 'I can see why they'd want us to use these to enter Trost, really. But I think I'd almost prefer using up some gas just to avoid all of this anxiety climbing up here.' Granted, you'd never actually dare to do something as stupid as that -especially when you had just run out of gas before in battle, and someone's death had been the direct result of that- but to say that it hadn't been contemplated once or twice before the thought passed would be an obvious lie to yourself.

  The two of you had waited for the other three in your group at the bottom of the pulley systems -seeing as there were more than just one around, and they would have to use them in order to get on top of the Wall- until it was clear that they weren't coming, and had probably already entered battle, 'I still don't understand how they managed to sneak past us both, we were watching for them the whole time. Unless they got there before us, I don't see how it's possible.'

  Currently, the slow-moving cart had just reached the top -the two of you now motioning out of the system as you took steps towards the opposite edge of the Wall that led to titan-infested terrain with solidly clicking, rubber boots. For a second you were tempted to look down, but you knew that if you thought about it, you would most likely become fearful of such a fall, 'Think (Y/N), it's just like last time you had to jump off. Just don't think about it too much.'

  "Well," you started as you turned to Marco, the sound of pounding footfalls in the background as more cadets ran past you both and into the battle, "There's no point in stopping here, eh?"

  "You're not wrong," he agreed as he took a few steps back -an action that you mimicked not too long after, "Let's go in there and give it all we've got, friend."

  'Friend... He thinks of me as a friend too?' You couldn't help the way that you grinned at his words, broadening it a second later as you nodded your head and got out your blades, 'Marco really is a friend of mine, he and Annie both are the two that I can confidently call my friends. They're not like Armin or Eren.'

  "Yeah, let's go buddy."

  Without a word more spoken to each other, you both then ran forwards and jumped off of the Wall almost in sync.

  In a freefall, the wind ceaselessly whipped and tugged at your clothing and (H/L) hair -Marco just so happening to sink more quickly than you had as you did your best to follow him, the two of you heading towards the gate that needed to be resealed even though the both of you knew quite well that you wouldn't come close to reaching it. In the near distance you could see a few titans already shuffling about, heading to where you could only assume combatting soldiers were fighting as you flew downwards with readied blades, pushing past the wind resistance and squinting your eyes. If you looked to one of the two corners in Trost -they were opposite to the hole in the Wall, and directly at the side of inner Wall Rose- you could see a gigantic grouping of titans, with countless soldiers at the top of the pit -telling you that the plan to keep some of the titans preoccupied from Eren was a success, 'Now all we have to do is kill the ones who are leaving that group and heading back to Eren. We'll have to prevent the ones still entering Trost too, if we get close enough.' The sound of 3DMG rang out from Marco's place as he found himself close enough to the ground to do so, you copying his movements and sending out your wires from your own machine as you reentered reality.