Chapter 6

Ever since they were little kids Pacey and Juliette were known as the impulsive duo. Both of them always acted out on their emotions right in the situation no matter the damage. Pacey would always joke about it whereas Juliette tried her best to suppress it. In the moment that Juliette ran away from the football field; Pacey wished nothing more but to be like her.

Juliette ran into the locker room and covered herself up with her hoodie as the rest of the casting crew came in. When Juliette didn't see Dawson nor Jen, the girl looked outside the locker room and found a trio gazing in front of Dawsons tiny camera. Dawson and Jen were laughing whereas Pacey's face turned a bright pink color as if he was embarrassed. Juliette shook her head at the three and went back to packing up her stuff. When she was about to place her last thing in her bag, Jen came rushing in.

"Juliette you have hear about this!"

Juliette turned her head to look at the giddy blonde before she continued, "When Dawson was out filming the other day he caught a tape of Ms Jacobs!"

Juliettes eyes widened as Jen kept on talking about the tape. Juliette couldn't help but block out her best friends voice as she put the pieces together.

It was Pacey in that clip.

It all made sense to Juliette because of his reaction to it and the budding romance at the beginning of the year. Since Pacey hadn't brought it up in a while Juliette assumed it was all over. It should have been.

If word ever got out that Pacey was in that clip his social status would be in the dump and he'd probably be expelled. Yet all of that didn't hurt as much as the thought of him going for someone like her. Juliette didn't know why Ms Jacobs rubbed her the wrong way but she did. Maybe because she was in love with a high school student, or the fact that she was too selfish to end it for Pacey's sake.

Most of all Juliette felt betrayed that Pacey would ever go that low to get with a girl. She wasn't jealous, she couldn't be, they were always just friends-

"That guy had throbbing neck muscles though."

Juliette looked up almost surprised that Jen was still talking about the clip.

"Can we get out of here please? I want to get some rest for cheer practice tomorrow."

Jen gazed into Juliettes eyes trying to find the hidden emotions behind them, but was unsuccessful. Instead of pressuring her more Jen moved on, "Yeah sure let's go."

The duo walked out of the locker room and back onto the football field where Dawson was still cleaning up. Juliette walked straight past the boy and to the sidewalk that led to her house. The whole time Jen noticed that although Juliette was physically present; she wasn't mentally.

------------------------------------------------------------

Juliette that morning had asked Rick to pick her up since she really didn't feel like walking. The boy kindly agreed and the drive was spent in comfortable silence. Juliette preferred it this way because she was still trying to decipher what to do with Pacey. She had always told him that his mistakes shouldn't loom over him, but this mistake would be hard to let go. She would never be ashamed of him, except she had a title to keep up, not for herself but also for Rick.

When Rick pulled up to the school he stepped out and waited for Juliette to get out of the car so that the two could walk together. Juliette grabbed her backpack and stepped out while grabbing Ricks hand and pulling him to the school. Students were still laying out on the lawn and talking to each other, but Juliette preferred to get a head start with classes. Upon walking in, Juliette instantly spotted Jen with Dawson whereas Pacey and Joey were off talking to the side. Juliette gave a small wave to Jen before she made her way to her locker. Her presence didn't go unnoticed by the Witter boy as he watched her flirt and hold hands with Rick.