Chapter 5

That dance was probably the worst one Juliette had ever been to.

Sure she got blackout drunk in New York all the time, but that was frowned upon with the preppy people of Capeside.

As Juliette got up and went downstairs she tried pushing that day to the back of her brain and try to avoid Dawson and his little crew.

But alas, she could never get a break as her doorbell rung and Juliette swung the door open to an all too happy Pacey.

"Rise and shine New Yorker! Todays gonna be a good day," the boy exclaimed happily while Juliette tried covering up her ears from his shrill tone.

"God do you ever shut up."

Pacey whirled around with coffee in hand before setting it on the table, "Nope!"

Juliette rolled her eyes as she slowly walked to her coffee even though she hated the taste of it. The girl took one sip and instantly spit it down the drain.

"I don't know why I think it'll taste any different each time I try it."

Pacey shook his head silently laughing at the girl, "I don't get you Julie."

The girl grumbled a comeback under her breath as she threw her coffee out. Ever since Juliette had moved to Capeside Pacey had not once stoped by her house or even seemed friendly to her. Half of it was sorta Juliettes fault, but still it puzzled the girl.

"Pacey, why are you even here right now? You never stop by."

The boy came behind Juliette and started shoving her towards the stairs which made her stumble forward, " You my dear are coming to lunch with everyone," Pacey stated mater a factly.

Juliette turned around and made a disgusted face, " Hey! Don't call me that!"

"Ah right your douche of a date from last night gets to call you that," Pacey said while rolling his eyes and remembering the other night.

"Whatever Pace."

Juliette continues to climb up the stairs to her bedroom before changing out of last nights clothes and jumping into new ones.

Looking out the window, Juliette could tell that the weather would be sunny with a bit of wind. Most people would describe this as perfect weather, but not Juliette. The perfect weather for her was when it was either raining or sunrise and sunset. Those were the most perfect days and hours for Juliette.

So, Juliette forced herself to put on a no strap top and a pair of jean shorts before grabbing one of her hoodies and going back to where Pacey was.

The boy was busying himself by playing with one of her fathers sailboat models that she brought along. Honestly it was just a space filler to make her home seem less empty, but the actual boat it represented was more beautiful in person and full size.

Her father was apart of the yacht club so they had 2 of the most beautiful sailboats. One was a ginormous sail boat that was taken very good care of because it was mainly her fathers. The boat had two rooms underneath; one for Juliette and one for her father. Whereas the second sailboat was ten times smaller and ten times more beat up. It was her mothers though, and ever since she left, it had not gotten taken care of. Juliette pleaded with her father to let her keep it because he was just about to sell it. Although Juliette couldn't be more furious with her mother; that boat still meant a lot to her.

" I always knew you had the mental capacity of a four year old Pacey," Juliette said while coming behind Pacey to pat his back before snatching the model out of his hands.