One Jump Ahead!!!

(Cut to a rooftop, where Pico rushes up to the edge, carrying a loaf of bread. He almost drops it over the edge.)

Guard: Stop, Thief! I'll have your hands for a trophy, street rat!

Pico: (Looks back, then down, then at the bread.) All this for a loaf of bread? Whoa! (He jumps off, landing on two ropes strung between buildings, with drying clothes on them. He skies down them, collecting bits and pieces of clothing on him as he goes. Finally, he's nearing the end of the rope, at a window, when a woman reaches out and slams the shutters closed. Pico slams into the shutters and falls to the street, his fall being broken by numerous awnings and the pile of clothes around him. He pulls off the top layer of clothes and is about to enjoy his bread when...)

Guard 1: There he is!

Guard 2: You won't get away so easy!

Pico: You think that was easy? (He looks at three women, laughing at him.)

Guard 1: You two, over that way, and you, with me. We'll find him.

(Pico pulls a sheet over him and wraps himself as a disguise. He rushes over to the women.)

Pico: Morning, ladies.

Woman 1: Getting into trouble a little early today, aren't we Pico?

Pico: Trouble? No way. You're only in trouble if you get caught-- (A hand grabs Pico's shoulder and yanks him back. It's the first guard. Pico's disguise falls off.)

Guard: Gotcha!

Pico: I'm in trouble!

Guard: This time! (Sees a kid who was wearing a skeleton cosplay in front of him) Who are you? And why are you wearing a skeleton cosplay in the middle of July?

Skid: Because it is a Spooky Month

Guard: It's Spooky Month?! (Let's go of Pico and starts doing the Spooky Dance, giving Pico some time to escape)

Pico: Perfect timing, Skid! As usual.

Skid: Hello!

Pico: Come on, let's get outta here! (Grabs Skid by his arm and they both run away, but the guard notices)

Guard: Hey! Stop! Thieves!

Pico: 🎶Gotta keep...one jump ahead of the breadline
One swing ahead of the sword
I steal only what I can't afford
That's everything!🎶

(Pico battles a Guard wielding a sword. He dodges a couple of swings, then pulls down the Guard's pants. Skid raspberries the Guard, then dodges an attack. The Guard swings at Pico, but destroys a barrel of fish. As Pico runs off, the Guard pulls a fish over his lower body as a pair of pants.)

Pico: 🎶One jump ahead of the lawmen
That's all, and that's no joke
These guys don't appreciate I'm broke!🎶

(Pico and Skid scamper up a pile of barrels, then kick one down on top of another Guard.)

Guards: (One at a time) Riffraff! Street rat! Scoundrel! Take that!

Pico: 🎶Just a little snack, guys!🎶

(Pico scampers to the top of a platform. The Guards shake the platform back and front, trying to knock him off.)

Guards: 🎶Rip him open, take it back guys!🎶

Pico: 🎶I can take a hint, gotta face the facts
You're my only friend here, Skid!🎶

Women: Who?!?

(Pico jumps off the platform to certain death, only to grab Skid's hands like an acrobat. The pair swing into a harem.) 

Women: 🎶Oh, it's sad Pico has hit the bottom
He's become a one-man rise in crime🎶