Chapter 9 - Dance with me

Chapter 9 - Dance With Me

"Yeah and when Storm got us out of jail!" Nick laughs. I shake my head.

"Look, I did what I had to do. Just be thankful for me," I say.

"Forever thankful for you Thunder," Chris whispers. I'm sitting right next to him.

"That's funny," Paige says dryly. "What about you Chris, do anything as exciting or better?"

"Nah, high school was pretty boring until Thunder came along," Chris says. The guys nod in agreement.

Paige scoffs. "I highly doubt that. Why do you even call her Thunder?" She asks Chris.

"Thunderstorm," JJ says.

"Her full name," Sam adds.

I grumble under my breath as Ashley and Paige laugh. At least Lexie isn't laughing. "My mom loved thunderstorms, okay," I mutter as I rub my face with my hands.

"Yeah, a little too much," Nick jest.

"May I remind you your full name is Nickleson!" I exclaim with a short laugh.

Nick shakes his head. "Shut up. That's insulting to my dead father. I have a right to not be made fun of for my name," he declares.

"My mother's dead!" I shout.

Nick and I both burst out in laughter as the others stay quiet unsure of whether they're allowed to laugh or not. Nick and I have every right too, it's our own trauma. I wouldn't care if the others laughed, we made a joke from it.

"You guys are weird," Sam mutters.

"Shut up Samuel," Nick and I both say simultaneously. The whole group begins laughing.

"You guys got a bad hand in names," JJ chuckles.

"I would rather be a Thunderstorm than Jack Junior. Seriously out of all the names in this world, Jack," I point out.

"Yeah I'd rather be a Nick slash Nickleson than a Jack and Junior. I'd hate to be named after someone, I like to be original," Nick says.

"Fair enough," JJ lifts his hands in surrender. "I hate being named after my father."

"Yeah but the nickname JJ isn't so bad," Lexi says. I nod agreeing with her.

"Sam and I got lucky." Chris reaches his arm out in front of me to fist bump Sam.

I roll my eyes and look at him. "Christopher," I declare. It's a good name, I honestly can't tease him about it.

"Thunderstorm," he reciprocates, leaning his face closer to mine.

"Storm, can I talk to you?!" Paige asks out of the blue. Chris immediately pulls back and I look around not knowing what to say.

"Uhh, sure." I mumble leaving the rest of the guys at the dinner table to go talk with her. She leads me far and down the hall.

She stops abruptly and turns around. "Can you back off," she says with an attitude.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What the hell is she talking about? "Back off?" I ask.

She nods, crossing her arms. "Yeah, with Chris. You're just like really close with him and stuff and it'll be better if you weren't because he's like mine," she explains.

I scoff. "I don't like him," I lie. "He's all yours." No the fuck he isn't but I just want Paige off my back.

"Then you won't mind moving seats?" She asks.