Chapter 1: When I Wake Up

The woman was awakened by the sound of water dripping into a smooth surface of water, the noise magnified like it was in a cocoon, echoing within a rocky shelter. Though the timing of each drop was whimsical, the rate per minute neither increased or decreased. It had gone on for some time, falling rhythmically onto the water.

She feel herself floating in a cold world and subconsciously opened her eyes, finding herself seemingly in a deep tunnel. Her throat feels constrict, like water rushing into her lungs, preventing her from breathing.

A ray of light come from the end of the tunnel. She refrain from letting the suffocation overtake her and reach out towards the direction of light at the end of the tunnel.

Splash. Splash.

"Cough! Cough!"

The woman cough to the ground upon reaching the surface, arms holding onto the edge of the grassy ground with her lower-half still submerge to the water, throat burning and greedy for oxygen. Her eyes bleary with tears as she look hazily towards the direction of water.

'What-- Was I in the water?'

That was an unpleasant way to wake up. Not in a hospital bed nor a coffin, but submerge in the water like a murdered corpse.

'How am I here?'

The woman look around.

Rocky surrounding. Grass, flowers and crystals. The crystal looks peculiar, emanating a luminescent glow, one of a colour out of this world.

It's safe to say she's not on her world anymore.

'What kind of cave is this?'

The woman find her vision scope become small and strangely clear, so do her hearing. It become audible in a weird way. She tried to get up onto the ground when she found something weird.

Her usual white arms look stuffed, and black. But the most scary part is that it was cover with scale. Black scale that looks like it was carved intricately from the most precious gems into shape resembling diamonds.

Her nails, or claws, are of the same colour, turning narrower and sharper at the end albeit not sharp enough to cause harm.

"W-what is this?!"

The woman pupils shakes. She look onto the her reflection on the water.

Black scale and furry. Around a meter long, plump cheeks and a little fudgy body. A pair of wings hang on the back as four long horns curled on the head. A pair of purple eyes, with two crystal clear amethyst pupils. Looking at her reflection, the woman immediately recognise the race she belong to.

'Out of all things...'

Dragons.

The robust and strong being known for their strength and might.

'My eyes look expensive.'

The woman look at her reflection somewhat in dazed. She was sitting on all four with a frown in her face. 

"I should be careful."

She didn't want to be captured and get her eyes gouged to be sell at the black market.

"But how did I get here in the first place?"

The woman try to collect her thoughts.

She remember going out with co-workers until a mad guy decide to run towards the with a knife. And then...

'Right. I die.'

She was stabbed by the side when she was supporting her friend from falling to the ground.