Chapter 2: Trouble Formenting

On this day, earthquakes rippled across the world.

The disappearance of the "Calamity" class monster, Storm Dragon Veldora has been confirmed.

Although he had been sealed since 300 years ago, he still a Calamity class monster. With his disappearance, it might be a sign of a new threat born in a different place.

However, after the 20th day passed since the information of his disappearance, the Western Holy Church declared the complete disappearance of the "Storm Dragon Veldora". Count Nidol Migam was angry.

"As if such ridiculous thing can be true!!!" He cursed so while remembering the Cardinal's words.

Cardinal Nikolaus Spertus.

It maddened him to even recall those words.

"The threat of the "Storm Dragon Veldora" has disappeared. Therefore, the provisions and monetary support from the Holy Church shall be terminated from today."

Saying so, the Cardinal ended the one-sided conversation.

After calling him one-sidedly, he was even made to wait for three hours.

Certainly, the monetary support he had received until now was extremely helpful. As his territory which bordered the Great Jura Forest is the cornerstone of defense for Farmas Kingdom's frontier.

But that's not just a problem for the Farmas Kingdom alone, it's also Western Holy Church's which bordered the territory. Although the "Storm Dragon Veldora" was sealed, he's being a threat wasn't change.

That's no exception even for the monsters.

No, rather, it could be said that he was more of a threat for the monsters.

With the disappearance of such threat would only mean the increasing activity of monsters' movement. Although the defense of the frontier area should be strengthened, they ended their support in this timing.

This was the reason of Count Nidol Migam's anger.

And though the Western Holy Church had their own reasons, none mattered to Nidol.

'What should I do to protect my territory now...'

He has the money to hire mercenaries.

As for the Freedom Association's adventures, they're unreliable in case of emergency.

And as for the Church, his ray of hope had just informed him the termination of support. His last hope is from the kingdom, but... Nidol despaired imagining the king's face. Even until now the king hadn't given any support with the existence of the "Storm Dragon Veldora". As the threat is gone now, he thinks that the defense expenses would simply be reduced.

And if he handled it poorly, he'd be unable to increase the tax.

Just thinking such things caused Nidol to frown.

Inside the carriage returning towards his territory, Nidol starts racking his brains for the measures hereafter. Nidol's head was full thinking about monsters, he couldn't think about another threat...

Nidol wasn't the only one troubled by the situation.

Farmas Kingdom in terms of scale is a mid-sized country. Therefore, even if something happened it would be stopped at the frontier.

With such circumstances, the country's sense of crisis is weak. As Nidole had guessed, there was a minister who thought to reduce the defense expenses too.