Chapter Three

"Ok, ok, ok. My turn." Andie said, "Rian, truth or dare?"

The party had started two hours before. Everyone had come inside, dropped their stuff at the front door, and headed out back to the pool to hang out. The cake had already come out, and everyone was eating a slice, Brandon on his second one. They were playing truth or dare around the pool.

"Um," Rian started to answer, "Dare!"

"Ok..." Andie replied with a smirk, "I dare you to put your face into your cake!"

Rian looked around at everyone. She looked down at the cake and shoved the cake into her face. She brought it down with icing and cake pieces splattered all over her face.

Everyone burst out laughing.

The back door opened and Andie's mom came outside clapping her hands.

"Alright, kids, time to go to the campsite." she said.

"Yes! Finally!" Dre exclaimed. Everyone stopped and stared at him. He looked around.

"What? I like camping!"

...

The hour-long ride to the campgrounds was loud and lively. Everyone was singing along to the collaborative playlist they made, Songs that make us crazy, which they did. When they arrived at the campgrounds, Andie's mom established some ground rules.

"Alrighty, here's the rules and rundown." she started, "Me and Mrs. Knight will be sleeping in the RV trailer in the trailer park down the way," she pointed in the direction of the trailer park, "while you four will be here at the campground."

"Dre, you're in the orange tent. Brandon, the blue. Rian, the green and Andie in the yellow. That way you all have your privacy, ok?"

They nodded.

"Ok," she continued, " you guys can go on a night hike if you want to, but you have to tell us when you leave and you have to be back by midnight, got it?"

"Got it." they all said in unison.

"Good, ok. Have fun!" she finished.

...

"And that's when the girl turned around and saw... a man with a bloody knife, coming down on her throat!" Dre exclaimed.

"Ahh! Dre!" Andie and Rian screamed. Brandon sat there laughing at them from across the campfire.

They had spent hours telling stories, talking about school, talking about family, and playing games.

"Oh, guys," Dre started after finishing his story, "I almost forgot, I have something to show you guys out in the woods."

"Do we have to go now? I'm getting tired Dre." Andie said.

"Yes! We have to, I only know how to get there at night." he explained.

Everyone gave him a funny look.

Dre sighed, "Please you guys."

"Fine, Dre." Brandon sighed, "Let's do it."

"Yes!" Dre exclaimed, "Thanks guys, I promise you won't regret it."

"Yeah, yeah c'mon now, let's go!" Rian cheered.

"Ok, let me tell Mom that we're going for a hike." Andie said, "This had better be good, Dre."