Angel Fever

The angel paces back and forth staring at Dean and smiling like he was actually geuinly happy for the first time he his angelic life. 

"Can you say that again Dean? I don't think I heard you."

Dean chuckled and rubbed his eyes for what seemed like the millionth time today. He hasn't really slept for weeks and it was just now taking a tole on him. Hunters usually aren't the ones for sleeping in the first place, only getting as much as 4 hours a night of rest. But since the Mark of Cain and everything else that has been happening, he would be lucky to get an hours night of sleep. And something like that didn't seem to be agreeing well with his bodys state at the moment.

"Like I said for the..um..let's see..10th time Cas. I love you. I love you. I love you. The more I say it, isn't going to make it any more true than it already is."

He didn't think it was possible for an angel to blush but there Cas was, blushing like Sam when Dean caught him watching porn for the first time. Those were the days, he thought to himself. Cas went over to sit next to Dean again and took off his trenchcoat that was still coated with his blood. Dean studied him, peering at the poorly done bandage job that he had done a few moment ago and reached over to peel it off. The cut was started to puff up from not being treated correctly and he could tell that Cas was in obvious pain. Just another thing he can add onto the list of things he screws up on a daily basis. He tries to swat away Deans hand but he shakes his head and goes to retrieve some peroxide and a cotton swab.

"Dean I can assure you I am fine. My angelic powers will kick in pretty soon and this will heal in no time."

"You were always a shitty liar weren't you?" He states, putting some of the liquid on a cloth and quickly dabbing it over the cut. Cas groaned in surprise at the pain that coursed through his cheek, digging his fingers into Deans leg that happened to be the closest target in his reach. He flinched at the angels touch, causing him to drop the swab to the ground. He removed his hand, noticing what he was doing and mumbled an apology.

"It's fine Cas, you just caught me off guard. I find it funny that an angel can endure severe knife wounds, gunshots to the heart, even being blasted into nothing but he can't handle a small cut given by a human." He smiles and laughs loudly as another blush touches his cheeks and lightly burns the tip of his ears. Grabbing a bandage, he places it over the angels wound and presses down lightly on the edges to make sure it would stay properly.

"Thank you Dean...for..everything."

"It's really no problem. I mean, I'm the son of a bitch that put it there so I might as well clean up my mess for once. It's not like I don't already have enough of a mess on my plate as it is."

"Dean..."

"I should get to bed. I call dibs on the broken one because I probably won't be getting much sleep in the first place." He takes off his pants and throws it clear across the room, making it land on a chair stationed in the corner. Dean then lays down on the mattress and stares up at the ceiling, listening to his shallow breaths speed up with rage like it always seems to do at night. Thats when the emotions seem to rise the highest which is why he tries to seclude himself in his room all matters of the day. He was trying his hardest to keep it in, not only for Cas's sake but for his own also.

Cas sighs and walks over to the bed where he was laying down and sits down on the edge next to his legs. He tried to formulate what he was going to say since it was quite obvious that Dean was stubborn and still set on staying here for god knows how long. It was something that Cas could not and would not have. Finding no other words to say, he ends up laying down next to Dean and loosening up his tie. It seems that he would have to revert to more drastic measures.