hopesprayersnsmiles

Wattpad username:

inkedconfessions_

Book Name:

Winged Dreams

Write-up:

"And be patient, for indeed, Allah does not allow to be lost the reward of those who do good."

[11:115]

_

"I love you too."

These were the last words Bilal utters before hanging up the call. Dina stares at the phone which now no more displayed his smiling face but instead showed her hollow reflection in the black screen. His words lingering in her mind, replaying again and again as though it wanted them to be registered. 

Dina sighs, putting her phone aside on the bed side table. Just when she was about the lie down next to Anam, the ringing of her phone once again alarms her. The screen displays the call from an unknown number. 

"Hello?"

"Dina!" A loud, overexcited voice booms from the other side of the screen. Dina cringes at the voice before he once again says, "I've been waiting to call you but you didn't find time since you know I'm such a busy person...." The voice goes on. 

Dina sighs in annoyance, her anger rising with every passing second. This was the third time Tabrez was calling her from an unknown number. To say that she was mad would be an understatement. 

What did it take for guys like him to understand the meaning of no?

"C'mon Dina, all I'm asking for is just one meet. I know Bilal isn't in country—" 

HOW DARE HE?!

"Tabrez..." Dina bites her tongue, trying to stay calm and not throw her phone accross the room. "This is the last time I'm warning you before I report this to the police or worst file a case. So please stop this nonsense!" Dina says sternly before hanging up. She throws her phone back on the bed side table and turns towards Anam who was sleeping soundly throughout all her conversations. 

The sight of her sleeping daughter calms her, reminding her of her husband. Her mind drifts back to the conversation she had with him earlier. The way he spoke about those kids and situation made her heart ache, but the fact that he was not here in her arms, made her heart ache more. With thoughts of him, his smile, his scent, his grin, she falls asleep. 

That night, the moon shines down at the world a little brighter. Two hearts yearning for eachothers presence and yet staying patient for the most awaited reunion. 

~bilal stands amidst the open ground, his face adorning a wide smile, as he says something which seems inaudible. Slowly his smile starts to falter. And then, 

screams. 

Horrified screams. 

Blood and dust.

Bombs and destruction.

People running around and a man pressed under the rubble of a fallen home. His face adorning a familiar smile.~

"Bilal!" Dina abruptly wakes up, her eyes filled with tears. Her entire being shaking and sweating from the horrible nightmare she just witnessed. Realizing that it was nightmare, she breathes in relief. But a part of her still shook thinking about the possibility of the what she dreamt. She shakes her head, not allowing any negative thoughts to clog her mind.

The next day, it took Dina one hour to convince herself to go to the apartment. Since Bilal's departure, she had not stepped in there even once. Although it made her sad that Bilal was not there with her anymore, she made up her mind to go there despite. Mainly because she had to pick Anam's clothes and tidy the place.