A Precarious walk home

The dandelions were in full bloom and the poppy's covered the ground of the spruce forest she  lived in. Trees that towered over every person who walked in and a cooling shade that covered them in the hottest of days. Glowstone, her orange tabby cat followed closely behind and kept her eye out for any danger that may come her way. Dusk was quickly approaching and the forest quickly becomes dark at this time. Even with the peaks of sun showing itself through the pine.

"Pick up the pace girl, we don't wanna be out here at this time."

She gave a reassuring meow and followed closer behind. She always listened so well.

The long dirt path lined with bushes and hugged in lanterns to ensure the lighting of the area always was a pleasant one.

The town to the south of her was always a lovely one, people out and about all day, a village with bustling life. Although she had never been there, she had felt it was a kind one. A quite little place with quite folk who kept to themselves.

As the night got darker and the lanterns only shine to the nearest one in front of her, a sense of fear struck the meek hermit. She always calculated the time from her house to the meadow and thought it a short walk, never taking all afternoon to get back. Something today was off.

Something was oh so wrong.

Glowstone hissed to the right of our small hermit friend. She jumped and threw up a ward. The blast of magic was hit and then dispelled as a small spider hit the magical shield.

She was frightened, backing up to the small side of a bush and holding her staff out from the holster on her back. Grumbles were heard from all around, a crackle of bones and a small magical hiss.

She was grabbed on the shoulder.

Closing her eyes waiting for the end.

It didn't come.

Instead she suddenly felt a sense of warmth and a familiar smell.

A sense of home.

She holstered her staff and spun around.

She was staring at two sets of eyes and one figure.

"Lumi."

"Dream."