The assignment.

Lumi Pov

I slept on a rather small mattress with thin blankets. The only light that covered the cave was the lanterns glowing on the stone walls. They swung as a draft came in. My body getting colder.

The cave was silent, the loud mouthed boy had talked my ear off all day. Explaining what has happened and the people involved. The evil dictator and the small boy that was his friend. The spy, the guy on the inside. His name was Toby. He was ever so slightly taller then me and he never stopped smiling. Even in the situation they were put in he talked about glory, hope, and wonder. He was a light in this dark and dank cave. I hope that man doesn't treat him poorly.

The man though. The evil dictator. Schlatt. From what I was told he was scary, he yelled very often and his smile more of a grin. An evil one. Winning the election and taking the province by storm. It's borders expanded yet its first residences kicked out. Thrown away.

For now I can only ponder how cold I am, and how hard the bed is. I throw my legs off the side and uncover. Dusting off the green clock I had laid on the floor cascading it around my shoulders. I slip my laced up boots on, my toes hitting the cold stone. ( see picture above )

I make my way out of the cave and threw the entrance, pushing past the dirt and small rocks to the forest. Dawn was breaching the horizon. I make my way up the hill and throw my legs off the cliff of the mound sitting and dangling my feet off the side. The sun starts to peak above the tree line. I hear rustling behind me. Small cracks of leaves. I roll behind a bush and unholster my staff.

"Calm down."

I peak my head above the bush and see the tall pink haired man staring at me. My face flushes and I return my staff to its holster. I stand and bow. He lowers his head in return and cocks his head to the side.

"What are you doing awake?"

He walks slowly towards the edge and looks down it.
I make my way to his side standing at least three feet away from him.

"It was cold."

"The leaves are turning, and the temperature is dropping of course its cold."

Way to state the obvious.

He didn't question what he said though. The confidence in his voice said that. He didn't seek to further the conversation or maintain what was said. Just state what was there and move on.

We sat in silence as the sun rose. Never moving from the place under the tree we stood. It had to have been maybe twenty minutes. The pink hues that covered the sky almost matched his hair. Mixed with orange and purple, it was a beautiful sunrise. Nothing I could have seen in the dense forest I lived in.

He had moved a foot closer and finally spoke.

"Good luck with my brother wilbur, he hasn't been acting right these days."

And he walked off. The black sword swinging on his back as he calmly walked down the hill. He seems like the thoughtful type. Introspective to the topics he cares about. That's how people should be in a cause you care for. In a place you put your life, and the people you value the most.

Walking back into the cave and quietly laying back down on the small thin blanket I called a bed. As I laid there for what seemed a short time but was more close to an hour. The cave began to light up with life. Not just getting brighter but people started walking around. Only a few and they were people I had never met before. Women and men who wore Tattered clothes and worn down shoes. Holding lanterns and carrying boxes full of food and supplies.
Nothing like what I saw yesterday. There were at most five people that lived in this cave and now it was buzzing with life. I assumed they were soldiers. Perhaps new recruits or workers to keep this damp cave running, after all not five people can run this mess.

I hear laughter and a small scream which turns heads. Some of the the workers look up the cave and see the blonde boy running down.

He runs over to me punches me in the arm.

"Ouch."

"Get up dickhead we are planning."

He then runs back up the cave like I know where I'm suppose to go. He seemed all too excited though. He was energetic and funny, too happy though. Not that he shouldn't be happy he should just consider the energy of the room, or cave.

I sit up and throw my cape over my arms, holstering my staff, and petting glowstone on the tummy. She purrs and rolls on her back. I smile and start walking up the cave.

There were small cut outs as you walked up the cave. Some held people cooking, making potions, a small cut out for a blacksmith, all along the ravine. I hear the calm, yet erratic voice I heard yesterday.

"Come with me Lumi."

The tall brunette was leaned against the opening at the top of the ravine. He was no longer clothed in the blue and red uniform, instead in a trench coat, cut off gloves, a black beanie, and black slacks. He was oddly comforting to see. Everyone else acted weird or rude to me. He was normal.

"Good luck with my brother wilbur, he hasn't been acting right these days."

Maybe he's just being paranoid. Yet the calmness that was there was almost too calm. It was nerve wracking.

He motions me through the opening and into a small room offshoot of the entrance. A table with a map on it and books about. The blonde boy stood there picking at the scabs on his knees and the small boy in a suit looking around nervously.

"I cant be gone long I'll be noticed."

"I just wanted to formally introduce you to our ambassador Toby. You did run off quite quick last night."

"I know." He says meekly and looks down.

"Well she will be helping you with relaying information. As well as collecting it."

"Collecting it?" I was told I'd just be writing and documenting.

"Yes my dear, you'll meet Toby halfway when he's ready to give information. That or you'll safely bring him back to our hideout here. Very important job."

"I see." Looking at the ground and slightly making a fist.

"Oh see I told you Will she doesn't care about this cause."

"Drop it Tommy."

He huffs and crosses his arms. Toby looks at the ground and then makes his way towards the door.

"It's a pleasure to meet you but I must be off. I'll see you tonight for physical documentation transfers okay Lumi?"

"Okay? Where should I meet you?"

"Oh here!"

He pulls out a small journal that's made of leather and tied with a thin piece of rope on the side. He opens it up and circles a small spot with an inked feather. A map of the area.

"The ravine is here and the meeting point is here. I'll change it every time I come in so don't worry about keeping up and here's this."

He hands me a small compass and nods. Making his way out of the small room.

"Well you've got your first assignment ambassador. Don't disappoint us."

A tall and skinny young man walks in. He is wearing a small army hat and coat. Some old brown boots and he salutes.

"Blade is ready to train recruits sir."

"Good, Lumi?"

"Yes will?"

He pulls a scroll out and places it in my hands closing my fingers around it.

"Here's a smaller assignment, much easier. Take this to blade."

A/N - This is different to the normal plot of the smp. I wanted there to be more life running around more Stories and people to help. Lumi is truly helping build a revolution. The greater smp will have more members as well as Pogtopia. I hope this helps with the story feeling less empty and a little goofy.