TWENTY ~ The Second Task

February 24, 1995

The Second Task was taking place at the Black Lake. Two platforms were built for the spectators, and a giant clock stood in the middle of the lake.

Violet and Goyle were there first and saved spots for everyone else near the front. Draco and Crabbe were next to them waiting for the task to start.

"Are they going swimming, Gregory?"

"I don't know, Violet."

"It's still a bit chilly to go swimming..."

Ariana stood between Violet and Draco. "We're at the Black Lake, of course they'll be swimming, Violet."

"Well you never know, okay?"

Benjamin appeared behind Violet and rolled his eyes."Yes, because they would definitely be doing something like extreme fishing."

"That's a stupid idea, Benjamin," Violet told him. "What on Earth is extreme fishing?"

"It was only an idea."

"A stupid idea."

"Stop arguing, will you? It's about to start!" Carter leaned on the railing in excitement.

"Welcome to the Second Task," Dumbledore's voice said. "Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure, of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this: they have one our to do so and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own. You may begin at the sound of the cannon."

"Where's Aiden?" Carter asked. She did not know any of the details, but she has noticed something was off. Normally she would find Benjamin and Aiden together, but lately, she would only see one or the other.

Benjamin avoided the question and stared intently at the lake. Aiden had apologized to him the week before, but things have still been awkward between the two.

Ariana spoke up. "He said he could not make it today."

"Oh?"

"Yeah."

"Okay..."

The cannon sounded and Krum, Delacour, and Diggory dove into the lake. Harry appeared to be choking and was pushed into the water by Professor Moody. Some panic came from the students.

"What happened to him?"

"Was he choking?"

"Is he alright?"

Even Draco seemed a little worried.

Harry swam up to the surface and flew in the air like a dolphin and everyone cheered with relief. Then ten minutes passed and everyone began to grow bored.

"Is it just going to be like this for the next fifty minutes? I'm cold." Violet whined.

"It's not so bad," Goyle comforted her. He gave her a hug and she snuggled into his chest for warmth.

"I guess you're right."

"It's so weird to see him like this," Draco frowned in distaste.

Ariana nodded. "Yes, it can be. But I'm starting to grow used to it."

Carter laughed. "He's in love, you guys. How else is he supposed to act?"

"With more respect, at least," Draco sneered.

Growing up in the Malfoy manor, Draco and Ariana were not really exposed to such loving and cute gestures. Narcissa and Lucius did love each other dearly, but Lucius was always working. And whenever he was around, the two were never intimate in front of the children. They kept their love private and personal, and that is how their two children grew to understand love.

"You two are so dull!" Carter teased.

Down below, Fleur appeared alone. She was pulled up to the platform and was given a towel and a robe to dry herself and get warm. She thankfully accepted them and dried off.

Dumbledore announced, "The Beauxbatons' champion, Miss Delacour, has unfortunately been forced to retire. She will take no further part in this task."

"Wow, she's not really doing so well in the tournament," Violet commented.

Draco smirked."But she is doing pretty well in her bathing suit."

Ariana hit his shoulder and scolded him. "Narcissa would not approve of that."

He apologized and continued watching the water.

Cedric Diggory's head bobbed above the surface, along with Cho Chang's. He took her a swam towards the platform. Hogwarts students cheered for their winning champion.

Third to appear was a giant shark head. As it breathed for air, the shark slowly turned into Viktor Krum, and with him was Hermione Granger. As the one hour ended, Ron and Gabrielle Delacour appeared, but Harry was nowhere to be seen.

Moments passed and Harry jumped out of the water and onto the platform.

"That was like ten feet how the Hell did he do that?"

"Attention!" Dumbledore called. "Attention! The winner is Mr. Diggory, for showing great command of the bubblehead charm. However, seeing as Mr. Potter would have finished first had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mr. Weasley, but the others as well, we've agreed to award him second place for outstanding moral fiber."

Draco laughed scornfully. "Moral fiber, huh? More like favoritism."

"It could also be a mix of both. You know how people like heroics," Ariana told him.

"Whatever it is, it really is helping him out in the tournament." He looked at Ariana excitedly. "How about another one of our bets?" he asked.

"I already know you're gonna bet on Harry, and we both know that he's going to win. So what about we both get to keep our money for once?"

"But that's no fun," he pouted.

"Stop pouting." Ariana rolled her eyes. "It's time to go."

+*+*+*+*+

A/N
Really short... Sorry. I forgot how boring the Second Task was for everyone except the champions. :/

BUT YAY MORE PRECIOUS DRACO BCOS DRACO IS PRECIOUS <3

Until next time,
<3 Rosie