Chapter 19

Two weeks later.

"Whatttt!" I shout, laughing after.

"You're amazing!" He shouts back.

"Can you come over here, my throat hurts!" I shout again and he shouts 'okay!' before running towards me across the field.

Me and Edward have been spending a lot of time lately and it's funny because when he leaves I feel alone and I want him back. Why do I feel like that? We've gotten so close over the months that people, meaning Fallon and especially Carlous literally came up to me asking if both of us are dating. Like what? Thing is, I don't know if I really like him. I mean I like him as my best friend of course but I don't know if I want him to be more. I don't know if he feels that way. Probably not.

Speaking of us, we've had awkward moments lately. And when I say 'awkward' I mean awkward all the way. Like the time when we would just stare at each other for too long and then all of a sudden he just avoids contact and says 'I better get going' or his most famous phrase 'I should go'. That was one of the things and oh the other day we went out to the movies to watch 'Clouds'. I don't know why but I got nervous being around him. Like I literally was sweating and feeling warm and my heart was practically running a marathon especially when the characters Zach and Amy spend time together.

Since then we've been 'weird' and mostly avoiding each other especially after that day at the movies. He barely talks to me at lunch and in class or even texts. I miss him. I miss spending time with him but I don't want to talk to him because honestly, I'm scared. I'm scared I'll say some rubbish and worsen the whole situation.

"Oii" I blink my eyes a few times. "You ok?"

"Yeah" I smiled at him.

"You're thinking of him aren't you?" I looked at him, nodding my head. "Don't worry, he'll come around. It's Edward we're talking about" he chuckles, lighting the mood.

"Thanks Mitch" I smiled. "Um, can I ask you something?" I ask him.

"Do you even have to ask?" He says

"Do you think I like him?" I ask him, feeling nervous again.

"Honestly? I think you do." He says and I sigh.

"Do you think he does too?"

"Why don't you find out for yourself?" He smiles.

"You know I can't..." I mumble

"You should. I don't want to be the one to tell you." He says and I sigh again. Maybe I should ask him. But how?

"I'll think about it"

"Alright. Don't worry about it, okay? It'll be fine and if it's not, you know I'm always here." He reassured me and I hugged him, feeling a little better.

"Thanks Mitch" I gave him a kiss on the cheek and he smiled and led me inside the house.

*Mitchell's POV*

That night I tried my best to assure her that she doesn't have to worry about anything and honestly how could someone not like her? She's gorgeous and it's not just that. She is amazing inside and out. She's loving and so kind to everybody. She makes sure everyone is doing well. She is so cute, especially when she's bossy. That's one of the things I like about her. She has been so good to me and I don't even deserve someone like her.

I smile when I see her fallen asleep on the other side of the couch. I slowly get up without making any noise and walk into the kitchen. I grab a pen and scribble a note on the notepad that's stuck on the fridge.