Chapter 49

I was back at work and going on shows like I used to and well, my life has been just amazing! I feel like everything I'm doing right now is right and I don't want to change a thing at all, I love how everything is. I love my job, my college and of course my boyfriend, his family and my sister, Fallon. I couldn't have asked for better people in my life. 

Two weeks ago, Mitchell asked me to move in and I said yes. I didn't see why not because I've been in his apartment more than I've been in my dorm room, so why waste the money? But of course, I insisted on spending on groceries, water and electricity bills even after he said I don't have to. I was quite stubborn on that part so the first time I went grocery shopping, I went without him because I know he'll get his way through and pay for them all. 

Right now I was on my way home after work. I'm literally waiting to walk in and pounce on him when I get home. I've just been promoted plus, I'll be going on tour to three different countries next month which is in two weeks and a few days as a solo artist. 

"Baby, I'm home!" I closed the front door behind me, locking it and walked into our living room. "Baby?" I called again, tossing my bag on the sofa and walking into the kitchen. "Mitch?" I called. I am getting nervous now. I ran upstairs to our room to find the room empty. "Mitchell!" I called again, searching in the TV room and the balconies and basically the whole house. Before I know it I'm crying going back downstairs to get my phone. I dialled his number, clutching the phone in my hands holding it close to my ear. He didn't pick up. I called again twice just to be invited with his voice mail.

"Mitch" I whispered to myself, letting the tears flow down freely. I suddenly walk to the window to see if his car is in our driveway and I'm surprised because it is parked right next to where I parked my car. Where is he? I closed the door again, locking it and plopping myself on the sofa. I lifted my legs to my chest and started crying. Did he leave me? Why would he leave me? 

"Baby…where are you?" I cried. Just then I heard someone. I heard slow footsteps. The footsteps were getting closer and my heart was beating harder by the second. "Hello? Is anyone there?" I asked the two obvious questions that came to my mind. "Mitch? Is that you?" Please tell me it's him. I silently prayed. I stood up and walked towards the steps turning on the flashlight on my phone. I showed the light in the direction from where I'm hearing the footsteps. I followed them and ended up in our room. I entered and I heard the door closing behind me. I freaked out. "Mitch?" I whispered. I speed-walked to our bed just to be pulled back by my waist. "Let me go!" I screamed struggling to get out of the stranger's hold. "Please, let me go!" I cried. "Mitchell!" I screamed praying that he'll save me from this stranger.

"It's me, baby" I heard the stranger whisper. I turned around to see the person's face. Mitchell.

"Mitch!" I cried, turning around fully so I could hug him. "What the hell were you trying to do? You scared me to death!" I hit his chest which wouldn't have hurt him for sure.

"I'm sorry, baby. I wanted to surprise you." He chuckled but soon his eyes softened bringing his hand to my cheek. He knows?

"Wait, you know?" I asked and he grinned. "But- you scared me. Don't ever do that to me again, I literally thought you...left me" I hastily wiped the tears under my eyes. 

"Baby, come here. I'm sorry, I just wanted to surprise you. I'm so proud of you, baby." He pulled me closer where I buried my face in his sweater. "You are amazing, do you know that? Huh, baby?" He looked down at me, lifting my chin up gently. 

"Mhmm" I smiled.

"There's that smile" he smiled leaning in but I turned my head, giggling right after.

"That's what you get for scaring your girlfriend!" I laughed running away from him.

"Hey! Come back here, you little monkey!" He ran behind me. I jumped on our bed trying to get to the other side but I couldn't contain my laughter. I ran to the door and unlocked it as quickly as I could and ran out the door. I was approaching the stairs but before I could get to them he grabbed me by the waist lifting me up in his shoulder. "You don't get to run from me, little monkey," he laughed, making me laugh too.