Siblings

Lucas's PoV:

There are many common assumptions about the younger sibling. About them being way too childish, always being annoying, copying their older sibling, getting what they want every time... I could go on for days.

But my point is that most of these are wrong most of the time. Some are correct-ish I guess, like I sort of copied my older brother sometimes. But just because I idolised him. He was the best person in the world to me, and I wanted to be like him. He most certainly didn't find me annoying, not in the beginning anyway.

Another common misconception is that the younger child always outshines the older child, coming in however long later and ruining everything by stealing all the attention, and I guess however exciting a new baby is, my family soon realised I wasn't going to be enough to make them proud.

Lucas Larcos, that's me. Although I don't deserve that title.

To be a Larcos you have to earn it. Contribute something to the family name, be it through academic achievements, physical ability, popularity, income, etc. They're not to fussy really, it just has to be outstanding.

My dad got that through starting up his own business from a small loan of a few billion from his father, which is still accelerating to this day, my mum has been a star on the women's baseball team since she could play, and her mother is known as the best actor in her generation, you've probably seen her in that annoying advert for the sun life over 50s plan. Well they paid her so much for that ad, no wonder they play it so much to get their money's worth. She's been in countless films, I couldn't even name 10% of them.
My brother is just popular. He's not too smart, but good with people, and that brings more attention to the family and that's more than good enough.

But me? I... I haven't done anything spectacular. After long enough, my brother started being mean to me, and I'd get the blame since he always outshined me, and they always believe the favourite child. It gets to the point where if I have anything, he has to have it. Even though he could have anything else he wished for.

He just had to take everything from me. Including her.

Primrose's PoV:

The assumptions about older siblings. There are too many to list. A few of the main ones, for example: being moody, lazy, not bothering to help out, hating the younger siblings - finding them annoying and constantly complaining about them, likes being alone. That's not even many of them.

In truth, I was excited to have a little sister. I wasn't much older than her actually, only like five when she was born, but I felt like I had to be responsible. It was fun, I tried to help out as much as I could and I loved my little sister. But sometimes little sisters grow up and go to school and get friends and then they don't wanna be seen around you any more. It's 'uncool' or whatever.

As we got older and went to lots of parties, we sort of grew closer again. But then again, nothing good ever lasts, does it? I'm fairly certain she was only with me because I was popular though - ya know, the younger sister gets to steal some of the attention if she plays nice, right?

So, there's this huge party we were going to. Everyone was going to it. I mean, it was the Larcos family's party, they were stupidly rich, and the party was all anyone in the area had been talking about for weeks.