Six: Falling

Simon cracked his eyes open when the golden sun hit his face. He felt the warmth behind him and smiled remembering who was here.

"Wille." He whispered. "Wille. Are you awake?"

"Mhm." He muttered.

Simon flipped around to face Wilhelm. The sun made his blond hair look like it was glowing. Simon reached out and ran his hand along Wille's jawline, his light stubble scratched his hand slightly.

Wilhelm's eyes were still closed, he sighed softly. Simon could feel his breath on his hand.

"Simon," Wille whispered.

"Yeah?"

"I hope it's okay, but I read one of the poems you marked in your book."

"Oh? Which one?"

Wilhelm adjusted his position. "The one called favorite."

"Oh. Did you like it?"

"Mhm. I think I know why you like it too."

He smiled. "I'm sure you do." He lifted his head and pressed a gentle kiss to Wille's forehead.

"Simon." He said slowly, nervous to open such a fresh wound. But they had to discuss it.

"Mhm?"

"You know, we need to talk about this."

"About this?"

"About us."

Simon watched him. "Okay. What about us?"

"You know. What are we going to do about this?" He propped his head up with his arm. "I really like you, I love you. And I want to be together, I just don't know how we can."

"Well, I just want to be with you too. I don't want to have to hide."

"Yes," Wilhelm nodded. "But I don't know how."

Simon sat up against the wall. "We didn't do anything wrong. We never did. Why can't I just walk outside and fucking kiss you?"

"I know." He comforted him. "I know we didn't do anything wrong at all. We were just being teenagers. And there shouldn't be anything wrong with that."

"Yeah, I wish the world would agree with that too."

Wille sighed. "We can still be together. We can do this." He sat up too. "We can see each other secretly, no one will know right? Just like right now."

"But they will." Simon leaned his head back onto the wall. "They always do. Last time we did this, we got fucking recorded. Then it got leaked, and that's why we're both even talking about this right now."

"The first time was because we weren't careful. We'll shut all the curtains and lock the doors. How are they gonna know? It's just us here. Just you and me."

"Wille. That's not how it works." He ran a hand down his face. "Won't it be suspicious if you keep disappearing every so often and walk away from my house."

"They don't know you live here. We can just try."

"It won't work, Wilhelm. I'm sorry, but it just won't."

Wille looked frustrated. "Well then do you have a better idea?"

"Not really. But I have a sort of plan."

"Go on," he gestured with his head.

"Okay, well I was thinking. Right? We shouldn't have to hide. It's not fair at all, so we should take this problem to the people who want us to hide right? Why don't we talk to your parents? We could have dinner together or something. It would only be your family and me." He watched Wille carefully. "We don't even know what would happen if we did go public. The world's changing right?"