Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR

~Tamara Rose

"How are you feeling?"

Dylan swept a stray lock of hair out of my eyes, making me smile. He immediately smiled back.

Ever since I'd woken up and he'd told me we were mates, Dylan had been a perfect gentleman. He'd always asked me before kissing me, he'd shoot me smiles every few seconds, he never raised his voice, he shot me loving, soft glances whenever he thought I wasn't looking...

He was nothing at all like the horrible person he'd been once upon a time.

"My head hurts a little, but I think that's just the meds they have me on," I responded to his question. He frowned slightly.

My hospital bed was in the sitting position. Dylan was sitting beside me, the two of us leaned back against a bunch of pillows with our legs in front of us. He had one arm around my shoulders while my head rested on his chest.

"I'm gonna have a talk with the doctors," he murmured, stroking my hair. "They need to fix that medication. I don't want you in pain."

I rolled my eyes and couldn't help but smile at his concern. "Dylan, it's a headache. I'll live."

He smirked, flicking me gently in the forehead. "Oh, you'll live, alright." Leaning forward, he placed his lips by my ear and whispered, "You have a knack for beating the odds."

I shivered at the feeling of his lips. Trying to distract myself so I wouldn't start making out with him, I stammered, "S-so...d-did the doctor say when I could go home...?"

He grinned, obviously sensing my feeble attempt to change the subject. "Yeah. He said just another day or so, then you're off the hook."

I sqeauled in excitement, and then immediately clamped a hand over my mouth. I could feel my cheeks warm.

He was chuckling. "Did you just squeal?"

My blush deepened. Punching him in the shoulder, I muttered, "Shut up, I'm excited."

Dylan kissed the crown of my head. "I know you are. I was just kidding. Anyways, you'll be even more excited to know that I'm moving you out of your old room and into mine."

My entire face was a tomato now. "You...I...we'll be sleeping in the same bed?"

"Prude," he teased.

I narrowed my eyes. "Man-whore."

He cocked an eyebrow. "Regina George."

I gasped. "Wha...Ronald McDonald!"

He was biting back a laugh. "Bella. Like, Twilight Bella."

I may not have remembered much, but even I knew that was an insult. "Freaking...you...Robert Pattinson!"

Dylan finally broke, bursting into laughter. "Girls are obsessed with him, Tamara!" he laughed. "That's a terrible insult!"

"You're the one who came up with Regina damn George!" I snapped back defensively. "I mean, come on. Who calls a person that?"

He gave me a look. "Ronald McDonald. That was yours, remember?"

"Bella," I hissed back the reminder with clenched teeth. "Honestly, you were so much meaner."

Dylan finally gave up. Smiling, he wrapped his arm back around my shoulders and pulled against his side, kissing my cheek. "Alright, fine. I'm sorry. Okay?"

I grumbled, crossing my arms and sulking. Bella. He called me freaking Bella.

As his lips slowly starting kissing a trail down my neck, though, I could feel my anger slowly beginning to melt away.