Chapter 74 Sharp and Fierce

Old Master Shen suddenly sat up in shock. "There were never any issues in the past. Why are things so problematic this time? What kind of household cannot be censored with money?" Old Master Shen said in disbelief, his expression changing.

Shen Wenqi suppressed his feelings. "Dad, I think there's more to this matter. We never used to have any problems and with so many mining businesses, why is it only the Jia family's business that has the workers' families kicking up a fuss?"

"There is no point in saying all this now. Quickly go investigate and get Zhengyao to handle this. The issue must be contained. Oh right, reduce the amount of contact with the Jia family for the time being. Even if anything should happen, they won't come barging at our Shen family." With that, Old Master Shen leaned by the bedside in dismay, and his head started to throb.

Shen Zhengyao was having fun outside when he received a call from his father. He spewed out some curses. Why were so many things happening to the Shen family lately?

"Young Master Shen, stay!" The woman sitting on the bed hugged Shen Zhengyao's waist and fawned over him.

"I can't today. Something cropped up at home. Be good; I'll accompany you another day." As he spoke, he hurriedly put on his clothes and then left.

After seeing Shen Zhengyao leave, the woman hid the alluring smile on her face and calmly made a call.

Upon receiving the news, Yang Mei personally visited Yun Bixue and relayed the news of the Shen family to her.

Yun Bixue sipped on her tea elegantly, and a dangerous glint surfaced in her eyes. "Very good. Let the Jia family get thrown around for a while. After they've been pushed to the peak of the storm, the Shen family wouldn't dare to aggravate the Jia family, which will drive a wedge between the two families. After which, the matter of striking back will be effortless for us."

The Shen family wanted Yun Bixue and her grandfather dead in order to take over the entire Yun family. Shouldn't they also consider whether Yun Bixue would be agreeable to this?

Everyone who had ever harmed the Yun family would be trampled under her feet so that none of the other families would ever dare to undermine her family again.

When Yun Mengshi returned home, her mind seemed somewhat unhinged. Yang Siru sat on the couch, applying a mask while watching television. Seeing that her daughter had come home, her eyes glowed with wonder. "Wow, this here is my most beautiful daughter. So pretty, even I almost couldn't recognize you." Yang Siru felt the most pride for her daughter.

Watching the glimmer in Yang Siru's eyes, Yun Mengshi's heart felt even heavier. "Mom, why isn't Dad around?"

"That idiot. He's been busy with work and apparently disappeared. He said he'd be working after hours today and there's no need to wait for him for dinner." Yang Siru didn't suspect anything. For many years, she had been familiar with Yun Muzhong's personality and knew that he was soft and easy to manipulate.

Her face pale, Yun Mengshi bit her lips and took in a deep breath. "Mom, you should pay less attention to your clothes and masks, and be more considerate of Dad instead. Take better care of his feelings."

Yang Siru had just praised her daughter, but her face was now painted with disp.l.e.a.s.u.r.e. "Mengshi, did you get off the wrong side of the bed today? I'm enjoying my life. Why the need to cling onto that idiot for the entire day? Your dad is useless, but you still want me to help him improve?" Yang Siru was used to displaying such arrogance and aloofness for so many years. Ultimately, her first consideration was still herself.