Chapter 85 Spoiling and Indulgence

Hearing his wife defend him to such an extent, Xie Limo found his mood improving tremendously. He hugged her even tighter, his arms enveloping her closely. "My wife is defending her husband so passionately, I feel so happy."

Yun Bixue extended her finger and poked Xie Limo's c.h.e.s.t lightly. "You're my husband. It's only natural that I'll defend you. I am someone who doesn't allow others to attack my loved ones. No one can hurt my family."

Xie Limo looked at her childish demeanor, and his heart almost melted. He said lovingly, "Yes, I am your family." It wasn't a bad feeling at all.

Ever since they collected their marriage certificates, his wife had constantly been showering him with surprises. As a result, he too started to anticipate good things to come in their marriage.

Yun Bixue lay contently in Xie Limo's embrace. Listening to his heartbeat, she said softly, "Limo, to tell you the truth, other than Grandfather, there's no one else I consider as family in the Yun household." Since her confrontation with Old Lady Shen, what little semblance of a family she had with them had been erased.

Xie Limo silently sighed. C.a.r.e.s.sing her head, he said, "I know." He knew that his wife had endured a lot of hardship in the past, so he tried to give her all the love, care, and warmth that he could.

"In the future, I will be your family, and no one can hurt you." He would shoulder everything for her, and rid her of all her loneliness and sorrow.

"Oh yes, Limo, regarding the He family, what's your plan? We can't let them get off so easily. Yes, we need to take things one step at a time to tackle the schemes of those rich families, but we should first make an example of the He family to intimidate the rest of them," Yun Bixue said coldly. After all she'd been through, she had long since grown out of her innocent way of thinking. She understood that given the current circ.u.mstances, she needed to be ruthless.

"Rest easy. The He family is finished for good this time, and the Shen family's plan will fail. Since the He family has to surrender their mining portfolio to the government, that will cut off one of the Shen family's sources of financial income. We need to keep in mind that we have someone important in the Shen family. As long as he helps us, the Shen family has no chance to turn the tables on us."

Yun Bixue thought for a while, frowning. Confused, she asked, "You're talking about Old Master Shen's illegitimate son-the third son, Shen Wenluo? Isn't he on the Shen family's side?"

Xie Limo raised his eyebrows. His expression was calm and relaxed as he clarified, "The word is that he's an illegitimate son, but what if he isn't Old Master Shen's son? What will come of it then?" He was steadily guiding his wife's sharpness and wit, believing that with time, she would be able to protect herself without his interference.

No matter how ruthless she did things, as long as he has her back, no one would dare to say otherwise.

Yun Bixue's eyes brightened. "You're saying that there's a huge likelihood that... Shen Wenluo's father isn't Old Master Shen?" If that were true, it would be the best-case scenario.

Both Old Master Shen and the Old Lady Shen at her house were at the core, cruel and ruthless people. They would stop at nothing for their goals. She suspected that Old Lady Shen was involved with both Grandfather's hospitalization as well as the Yun family's matters. Despite marrying into the Yun family, this old woman's heart had always been with the Shen family.