IV

One week later

Chiron and Annabeth were in the Big House waiting for news. Three weeks had passed and they still had not heard a word about Percy, Annabeth was really worried and would start crying from time to time, which was not like her normal self, but given her condition, it was understandable. Chiron looked totally tired and wary, dark circles had formed around his eyes and his hair was growing white streaks. He was drinking lemonade looking at Annabeth, who was sleeping on the sofa, with worry when there was a knock.
"Come in."

Kayla, from Cabin 7, came in scowling and informed, "Sir, there are two uh... people here, who entered the camp borders without any permission and they're not even demigods or gods."

Chiron looked confused for a moment and then realised who they were. "Kayla, they are our guests. I had been informed of their arrival. Bring them in here, will you?"
Kayla nodded and ran off to do as she was told.
Chiron walked towards Annabeth and shook her slightly to wake her up. With the condition she was in, she was too weak.
"Get up, child, we've got visitors."

"Huh? Alright, should I stay here?"

"Yes, you might want to listen to this."
Annabeth looked at Chiron's eyes and understood what he was trying to say.
After a while, the door opened and Kayla entered followed by an old man and a young boy.
"Chiron, my old friend! Long time no see!"

"Indeed, my dear Lycaon, it has been a long time. You look a lot more different than I remember."

"Well, my time has finally come..."

Chiron looked at the young boy and realised what Lycaon was saying. He pointed towards the boy and asked, "Oh, so he is the one...?"
Lycaon nodded slowly and looked at Annabeth and then at her state.

"And you must be...?"

"Annabeth, sir, and you're THE Lycaon?"

"Yes, child, I am," Lycaon replied. "Annabeth as in, Percy Jackson's girlfriend?"

"No sir, not anym-" Annabeth was interrupted by Chiron who chimed in. "Speaking of Percy, Annabeth, I have a feeling that Drake here," He pointed at the boy who was standing taking in everything around him, "Is somehow related to his disappearance."
Annabeth looked pale and Drake became worried for her. He looked at Chiron and asked, "Sir, shouldn't she be getting medical attention? Because she doesn't look-"
"No, I'm fine!" Annabeth interrupted, though it did sound more harsh than she had intended to. "Thanks, but I'm okay."

Drake did not look satisfied but nodded. Chiron looked towards Kayla and told her to excuse them. She had been standing there staring at Drake making him feel a bit uncomfortable.
"Lycaon and Drake, please take a seat. We have a lot to discuss about."
Once they sat, Chiron started, "Three weeks ago, during a game of capture the flag, Percy and his team were at the outer edge of the woods. His team mates later said that he was wandering too far off and that he wouldn't listen to them. It is very unlikely of him to not listen to his team. After the match ended, Percy was nowhere to be found. We thought he might have gotten stuck somewhere or worse, be caught by a monster. So I sent out two lookout groups to search for him. At dawn, both the groups returned empty handed. The next morning, I contacted Artemis and asked her for this small favour, she agreed. We were all worried because it wasn't the first time Percy has disappeared, he had disappeared a couple of years ago too, for six months. We're still waiting for news from the Hunters."
Lycaon nodded with sadness as he understood. Drake seemed to be thinking and looked as if he were calculating something in his brain.

Lycaon looked towards him, "Drake, are you alright, child?"

Drake looked up towards Chiron and asked, "Sir, this Percy, is he about 18 to 19 years of age with black hair and a muscular body?"

Chiron looked surprised but before he could answer, Annabeth jumped, "Yes! That's him! How do you know?"
She started to feel a bit weak after a couple of seconds and started to swoon slowly. Chiron quickly got up and set her down on the sofa. "Careful, child, you need rest! Yes, Drake, how is it that you know?"

Drake filled them all in about the dreams he had been having. Annabeth's anxiety was going high, especially when he told how he had seen Percy.
"Chained? How was he even captured right below our noses?" She look at Chiron and asked, "How could we be so careless when a camper, especially a child of the Big Thre-"

Chiron interrupted, "Calm down, child. Worrying will not help you, especially in this state of yours. I should have been more alert, and this dark figure, I am not sure who that is. It definitely can not be Gaea as she was destroyed, and the voice was of a male as Drake said. It may be Kronos, but the chances are too little. This is the work of someone much stronger and ancient, I believe."

"If he really has caught and chained Perseus Jackson, then he must be a very powerful and dangerous being, because from what I have heard, Perseus can give a tough competition to Hercules himself." Lycaon added.
"Wait," said Drake, "THE Hercules? How can someone that strong be caught? Hasn't Hercules defeated every monster there is in Greek?"

Chiron shook his head. "No, Drake, not even Hercules has fought EVERY monster there is, but Percy has single handedly duelled gods, Titans and giants. So this is a cause of worry." He was frowning as he said this.
"Well, first things first, now that you're here Drake, we must begin your training as soon as poss-" Chiron could not complete his sentence as the door flew opened and Clarisse rushed in.
She was panting too hard, "Chi-Chiron! Artemis is h-here! They found s-something!"

Chiron, with Annabeth on his back, galloped across the field while Lycaon and Drake ran along with Clarisse to the amphitheatre where Artemis and the Hunters were waiting.
When they arrived, they saw Artemis sitting with worry, who stood up as she saw them.
"Lady Artemis!" Said Annabeth, "We heard you've got something about Percy... Did you find out where he is?"
Artemis looked at Annabeth with sympathy. "No, Annabeth, but we did find where he was last before disappearing."
"He was at the edge of the woods, we know that!"
"No, he went somewhere after the woods." Artemis looked at Chiron and he knew something was very bad. He asked, "Where was he last before disappearing, Artemis?"
"I could not believe it when we found out, it is just not possible. No one knew..."
Annabeth looked between Artemis and Chiron and knew there was a silent conversation, but the look on Chiron's face said that he still did not know.
She could not control herself. "Lady Artemis, where was he last? Are you going to tell or not?"
The Hunters except for Thalia almost lost their cool, no one could talk to Artemis like that.
Artemis obviously sensed that and raised her hand.
"It is fine, the girl is just worried. He was last seen at no other place but the Empire State Building itself."

Drake looked confused, whereas Lycaon, Chiron and Annabeth looked like they were all punched in their faces.
"Wait, what's so bad about the Empire State Building? Is it sacred or something?"
Chiron replied, "Child, it is where the Olympus is located, the home of the gods."
Drake then understood their reactions. "But if he was last seen in the building, it could have been anywhere right? Like maybe the lobby?"
Annabeth nodded and looked at Artemis hopefully.
Artemis sighed, "That is the worst part, boy. Percy Jackson was kidnapped from the Throne Room of Olympus."