Ch 3: You came like a dream (3)

Mary came around dawn and handed her warm corn porridge. It had a bland taste that had not been seasoned, but Ronell was elated that she didn't have to go to the mansion.

“Today, Master Lloyd went out hunting.”

Mary pointed it out kindly as Ronell put away the neatly emptied bowl.

“Really?”

“Yes, the Countess has followed him, so you can play as you please today. But don't make too much of a mess.”

“Thank you!”

Ronell said politely and ran into the garden excitedly. From the time in the morning to the afternoon. The sunlight pouring down from above was bright and larks seemed to come to play.

She has always been popular with animals.

Sparrows would land on her shoulders whenever she sits still. Sometimes, a squirrel would come to visit and give acorns as a gift, and sometimes, a rabbit would come and sit on her knees.

Just as expected.

As soon as the huddled birds saw her, they rushed in.

“Hi, how are you?”

Ronell greeted them affectionately, and the birds chirped around her. One landed on her head, two on her lap.

“Yes, I had breakfast today, too! It was delicious.”

The sound of flapping wings, their chirping tone. Ronell added cheerfully, handing the palms of her hands to the bird that was about to climb on it.

“Plus the Madam and Young Master went out to play. They’re not here. Oh, and the really pretty cat that came to play yesterday? It comforted me. It was nice, sweet—”

Just then, a cat suddenly appeared from above and started slapping Ronell’s arm with its tail.

The birds that fled from the cat’s attack could see Ronell weeping while rubbing her sore arm.

The tail attack went on with a slap.

‘She doesn’t look good.’

A bird watching whispered,

‘It doesn’t look friendly.’

Several birds nearby agreed.

Not being able to understand their words, Ronell blinked her melancholic eyes, reached out, and hugged the cat.

The cat screeched and struggled. After such a long defiance, it began to glare at the birds with fierce eyes and a sharp expression on its face.

‘She’s mine.’

The birds were discouraged by its possessive blue eyes.

We came first... A bird made a sullen protest, striking the soil with its claws.

Ronell asked in a shaky voice to the (relatively) calm cat.

“Did you go home safely last night?”

Ruby, who was getting more annoyed, purred involuntarily at her tight embrace.

Oh no, I shouldn’t do this.

The cat, who tried to punish its owner who dared to cheat while it was off guard, grumbled quietly. I love your hands so much that my body unknowingly... loses... strength...

“I ate well this morning. I hope you ate something delicious too.”

Of course, I ate something delicious. Fresh, premium salmon is always a delicacy. Keep that in mind.