Ch 9: You came like a dream (9)

The man twitched his lips mockingly at her tone.

His fresh green eyes twinkled in the dark. Teriot’s gaze was as terribly transparent as her pale gaze.

Teriot rested his chin, relentlessly ignoring his daughter’s hostility.

“Oh.”

The man’s slender, straight fingers turned the pages of the book.

“I don’t know what kind of nonsense you’re talking about because you suddenly barged in.”

“……”

“Did your lover threaten you to reveal a love letter?”

“I don’t write letters. Don’t blur the subject.”

She didn’t like it, so she retorted with a very sharp tone. Realizing that she had lost her composure, Acilla took a breath.

“I brought a child from Count Artes.”

“…You? It seems that the sun will set in the east tomorrow.”

“Don’t you know the contents of Grandpa’s will?”

“I’m not interested.”

He sits while treating his father’s will as a piece of paper rolling on the side of the road. I want to rip off this unemployed man’s hair. Suppressing her heartwarming imagination, Acilla approached him and recited the contents.

You pretend to read a book, but I’m sure you’re listening. In the first place, this man possesses the ability to remember everything even if he heard it with only one ear.

As expected. Teriot flipped through the pages again and asked a frivolous question.

“So, did Ruby choose the little one?”

“Yes, she’s the illegitimate child of the Artes family.”

“Then you should ask Count Artes if he’s been in an accident. Why come to me and make a mess?”

“Why? Didn’t I already tell you?”

That child is a ‘Duncan’.

…That means her parents are either Acilla, Reinhardt, or Teriot.

At her cold smirk, Teriot pointed to the door with the book he was holding.

“No, she’s not my child.”

“……”

“Think about the possibility that you gave birth to her by mistake.”

“Maybe I’m old enough to bear six or seven children, my dear father. I didn’t expect you to know my age.”

Teriot didn’t respond to her sarcastic remarks. He just nodded his head silently.

“Then she must be my father’s child.”

Congratulations on finding your aunt*, Daughter.

(T/N: Since if Ronell is Reinhardt’s daughter, then that makes her Acilla’s aunt.)

In response, Acilla threw the book that was nearby. Even the insensitive hand that caught it was so disgusting that she wanted to die. Whether the other person was simmering or not, Teriot squinted his eyes as if the entire conversation was boring.

“You think I’m talking too much. I certainly am not.”

“……”

“So maybe she’s not a Duncan.”

“No, she’s a Duncan.”

Teriot shrugged, and Acilla sharpened her teeth at that irresponsible attitude. Right. Even if I came here and confronted him, it would only dirty my personality.