Prologue - Destruction of Krypton

"I never thought this is how our life would end," Lara Lor-Van said as she watched the red sun of Krypton getting closer to the planet.

Krypton was on the verge of its destruction. The red sun of Krypton began to collapse a few days ago which made the people worried. After a meeting, everyone came to a decision that in order to protect their race, the children of the head of The Kryptonian Council, Kal-El and Bar-El, will be sent to the planet Earth, along with their cousin, Kara Zor-El.

"I know, Lara. Neither did I," Alura In-Ze replied," but here's a bitter truth, Most of the things don't happen according to our plans," Lara sighed, knowing Alura was right. "Then we can be happy that our children will live," Lara said.

"Yeah we can," Alura replied with a smile before Zor-El walked towards them. "Pods are ready. Go get the kids," he said. "Ok," Alura replied before walking towards their children's room.

------------------

Kara Zor-El looked at her cousins, Kal-El and Bar-El. "Are we gonna die?" she heard a voice in her head and turned to see Bar-El who was looking at her. "No, we're not. Ok?" she replied.

"How can you say that?" he asked again. "Um... through my mouth?" she joked but her cousin didn't seem too happy with the answer. Kara sighed and said,"You know how. 3 pods are being built for us. You also heard it from their minds as did I."

"I don't wanna leave mommy and daddy. Or uncle Zor and aunt Alura," Bar said. "I know. And neither do I. But this is what they want us to do. So we have to so this. Ok?" Kara said. "They're coming," Bar said before the door of their room opened and they saw their mothers with Dr. Jayson, their fathers' friend and a scientist.

"Oohhhh! The little devils are doing mind thingy again," Jayson said as he walked towards the children. "Stop being jealous," Bar replied. "Heeeeyyyy," Jayson replied making an offended face.

"It's time," Alura said looking at her daughter and nephew. "This soon?" Bar thought to himself but, of course, Kara heard him. After taking Kal-El, they started to walk towards the launching place.

Bar instantly went to his mother's arms and gave her a baby hug. "It's ok sweetheart. It's alright," Lara said hugging her son before they heard a loud bang.

"Ok let's go," Zor-El said before walking towards the launch place. "I'll hold Bar for a while. Go say your goodbye to Kal," Alura said. "Thank you, sister," Lara replied giving Alura her son.

Bar looked at her aunt who had tears in her eyes. His small hand reached her cheek and wiped her tears. Alura looked at her nephew and smiled before kissing his hand and placing it in her cheek to talk with him, telepathically.

"Why can't you come with us? Bar asked her. "Because we have to stay here and make sure you will take off safely. Besides, the pod doesn't have much space, does it?" Alura said the last part with a smile.

"I'll miss you all," Bar said. "I know. So will we," Alura replied.

"And why is Krpto going with us?" Bar asked looking at the small white dog standing beside his cousin with tears in his eyes. Bar was confused at first as to why Krypto was crying but remembered that Krypto was also telepathic like his cousin and himself.

"To protect you," Krypto replied. Bar looked at him, got his hand off his aunt's cheek and said to Krpto,"Just so we're clear, this is my pod. So no messing around." Krypto growled at Bar. "Play nice, both of you," Kara said sounding a bit annoyed.

Finally, it was time for Bar and Krypto's pod to take off, which it safely did. So did Kara's.

Just as the first pod, Kal's pod, got out of the atmosphere, the sun collapsed on Krpton and Krypton was destroyed.

The destruction of a massive planet sent a wave towards the other objects near it. Bar-El's pod was nearly out of the atmosphere when the wave hit his and Kara's pod, sending them to the Phantom Zone, a region in space where time doesn't pass.