Becoming a hero

"What the hell's going on with me?" Barry asked as he barged into the cortex of STAR Labs.

The family reunion didn't turn as expected. As they were sitting and catching up, his hands suddenly began to vibrate. He thought he was just hallucinating but after a while everything seemed to slow down. Everything around him started going in slow motion.

When Barry went to CCPD, the same thing happened to him again. Vibrating hands and slow motion.

Scared and confused, he ran out of the house, but faster. Faster than he had ever run. The speed wasn't even his NKS (Normal Kryptonian Speed).

"Why? Did something happen?" Caitlin asked. "No. Nothing happened. I just assumed that something's wrong with me," Barry said with sarcasm clear in his voice.

"Well someone should have warned you and asked you to stay here. Hold on, maybe someone did," Caitlin replied. "Yeah. Ha Ha Ha. Really funny. What the hell's going on with me?" Barry asked again in a little bit angry tone.

"Ok just calm down and explain what happened," Cisco said. Barry explained everything. By the time he finished explaining, Cisco looked really excited.

"I knew it," he said exited. "Did you now?" Barry said while Caitlin just rolled her eyes at Cisco's childish excitement.

"What the hell did you think you were doing?" Kara's loud voice zoomed throughout the cortex,"Did you know how worried we were? We searched every corner of the city trying to find you."

"I'm sorry,okay?" Barry said as Kara reached the med-bay,"I didn't know what was going on and I didn't want to hurt you guys if anything happened."

"It's okay, just- just tell us where you are going. You haven't used your powers for two years and it just concerns me, and Kal," she said in a soft concerned voice.

Barry gave her a smile even though he felt bad for getting her worried. His family meant everything to him. Clark, Felicity and Kara were all his world. Still, he shared a bond with Kara that he didn't have with anyone else. So much that one time, even Caitlin got jealous of it.

"Where's Clark?" Barry asked. "Trouble in Metropolis," said Kara," You figured out what's going on with you?" "No. We were just trying to," Caitlin replied in his place.

(TIME JUMP)

This is impossible. This is horrible. This is bad. This is so not happening. Such thoughts filled Barry's mind after learning about his newly gained superpowers.

"With your increased speed, we can get as many meta-humans as possible," Caitlin said jumping in excitement while Barry tried to contain his smile. When he saw her after waking up, she looked sad. Empty. Now seeing her so happy again feels really good.

But her excitement wouldn't last long for Barry didn't want to be a hero. "I really hate to be a mood killer but I'm not gonna use my powers," he said with an apologetic look. "Uh.. okay... I just heard that wrong, didn't I?" Caitlin said slightly confused,"Did-did he just say that he doesn't wanna use his powers to help people?" Kara nodded at her.

Caitlin scoffed. "I don't understand," she said,"I mean, two years ago you were the hero people looked up to. You were everybody's icon. You were people's hope, The Superboy. How can you now say that you don't wanna save people again?"

"First, saving people is not what you said at all," Barry replied getting up from the bed he was sitting on,"And second, those things were in the past. And I don't think I need to go into full details as to why I stopped the 'Hero' work." He started walking towards the exit of the cortex.