Chapter 1: Flashback

I'm the first child of Jocelyn and valentine Morgenstern, Esperanza Morgenstern, and I am stronger than my siblings (not to sound cocky, but I was experimented on the most). My brother may have Lilith's blood running through his veins and my other brother may have angel ithuriel's injected into him. But I have both and more.

I am a tribrid, as my father always said, I'm a part demon, part angel, and part warlock. I'm not quite Nephilim or so I'm told. There's a 3 and 2-year difference between my brothers and I and even though I spent 10 years by my brother's side I would think they got told that I'm dead or assumed at least.

"He got sent away to Edom"

my father told me when Jonathan left, I remember the pain of holding in my tears as he told me, I didn't cry though, I never did.

I never really had a childhood, I was studying runes and demons before I could even walk, I could speak 4 languages fluently before the age of 7 and I could do multiple flips before I knew how to properly fight.

I only spent 3 and a half years with my mother before my father dragged me away, burning the Fairchild manor down as he left, leaving Michael Wayland's and his son's dead body there, so that it looked like he and Jonathan were dead. He also placed the necklace he always wore on the dead body to make it more believable. He told me that my mother had betrayed his trust and that we had to get away.

I don't remember my mother too well, but I do remember how terrified she was when she saw my younger brother's coal-black eyes, she walked around the house worrying about everything, and she looked terrified all the time. I would walk around the house every day, and I never once saw my mother by my brother's side. She started avoiding me too, soon after she found out that I was a part demon ( I was a smart kid. even though at the time I was 3 I understood English well).

She ignored me and that hurt me as a child, cause I didn't know what I did wrong, I didn't know if she was mad at me or my brother or my father. I didn't know if it was me who made her so upset but as a little kid that's what I thought. I thought that it was my fault that she was so miserable, and I tried soo hard to Impress her but she couldn't see who I was, cause' my eyes were all she cared about because I had some stupid demon blood in me. But even though she hurt me so fucking much, I still loved her.

After the fire my Father took Michael Wayland's identity, we then moved into the Wayland Manor in idris where he raised Stephen and Céline's son as well as my brother and me. He raised the boy, who grew up with the name Jonathan Wayland, cold-heartedly with a touch of love and kindness. As for his real son my brother, Jonathan, and his real daughter, me, he raised them brutally and without remorse in a small remote cottage outside Alicante. I nicknamed the boy Jace I first saw him when he was 6. I helped my father teach them, and look after them; Jace was like another brother to me. He was different though, he was more emotional than Jonathan but he did learn fast.

I didn't just help my father all the time, I had to study and train with him too. He would usually stay at one house and I at the other; we would spend time together when the boys were asleep and before he left he would assign work for me to do the next day.

I would do my assigned work while the boys did there's. I was 9 when I started helping them and moving from cabin to cabin. By then I knew how to speak, read and write in over 6 languages fluidly, each week he would ask me to read a book in the assigned language and write about it in the same language.

after I and the boy I was helping that day did our assignments we trained for hours. Then when they were asleep I would then meet father in the forest; we always started off with a quiz in the assigned language; after that, we fought. When we were done I would go back to the cabin father assigned me to and I would be done for the day.