Chapter 9: Stronger Than I thought

Esperanza's pov:

Too many thoughts and I can't be asked to think, and I just want them out. I touched my head gently feeling the thoughts leaving my head, it felt so lovely so I continued, I was starting to feel wind surround me but I continued. Before I knew it small video-like holographic screens of my memories started to float around me. Even though it felt shit living with these reminders it felt even worse having them out on display.

"shit" I exclaim as I try to force them back into my head, the action causing a massive wind to blow around me. And as if nothing happened (not counting the mess it left behind) I sit back down memories in tack.

"Esperanza? Are you okay?" my brother asks

"splendid" I reply, but then again they just saw little parts of my life floating before them so umm, one of them included a memory of my wonderful father attacking me for holding his seraph blade wrong when I was 3. So amazing. Amazing.  "you guys carry on talking, I'm just going to use the bathroom if you don't mind"

"not at all, take your time" Ragnor replied still a bit shaken from what he saw, but luckily they both chose to ignore it as I didn't hear them mentioning it.

I walk up the circular staircase and walk into the first room to the right. Which was the bathroom. I wash my face gently with water and then tap it dry with a towel. As I open my eyes I see them glow, my lovely warlock mark, I try to hide it but it seems somewhat impossible. Something that I've found easy before now seems harder.

So I try again, I concentrate and imagine my green eyes. The mark in my eyes disappeared sure but my eyes now glowed black. One mark into another lovely, fucking lovely. I hated that Lilith's blood turned my eyes into this demon color. I'll talk to her about this when I collect my brother from that shithole. I gave up trying, they both know of the demon blood so it's a whatever.

I walk back down the rounded, wooden staircase and back into the gray room. I sit back down on the orange sofa as they continue to talk. About an hour or so later we get up to leave.

"Thank you for inviting me over, it was nice to talk to you again. See you in another 100 years?" Magnus says as they both laugh.

"of course, of course," Ragnar says in return "well goodbye you two"#

"goodbye," me and mags both say as Ragnar shuts the door behind us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLARYS POV:

I couldn't believe the scene that was unfolding before me. Both the blond and blue-haired, guys were now on the floor wrestling. The blue-haired boy was tearing at Jace. I just wanted to run, and get out of there, when I tried backing up my foot got tangled in a wire enabling me to move any further. I then fell. I looked up and saw that the girl had a whip that she used to attack the blue-haired boy, then a knife was stabbed into him by the blond boy which was quickly removed. I was expecting blood to start pouring out of the wound but instead, it was this blackish liquid, what sort of sick joke is this?! 

The stunned expression of the back-blooded boy impaled me as we locked eyes. 

"so be it. The forsaken will take you all" he hissed through his teeth just before his eyes rolled back. His body was shaking, twitching even as he started to fold in on himself I watched as he got smaller and smaller before he vanished completely. What the actual Fuck. I look to see if they're paying any attention to me when I realize that their not I try to kick off the wire that's currently keeping me hostage. we I succeed i quickly get up and rush for the door.

To my surprise, the black-haired girl was blocking the exit while her whip was still present in her hand. I tried to run but before I knew it the whip with black liquid splashed all over it was wrapped around my wrist tight. There was no escape.

"stupid little mundie" the girl said  "you could have gotten Jace killed" she yelled again, but I didn't get him killed he's standing right there!

"He's crazy" I exclaim trying to pull my wrist free but instead it just deepened the hold "you're all crazy. what do you think you are vigilante killers? The police-"

"The police aren't usually interested unless you can produce a body," Jace said as he made his way closer to me, the other boy was right behind him. As much as I hate the fact that he's right I'm really struggling to understand what took place here. There is nobody, just black blood or goo splattered around the place, he's right they won't believe me. I should just run and forget this ever took place yep that's a good thing to do but what are they, that I really want to know. But they're crazy. "They return to their home dimension when they die" he then said "in case you're wondering" GREAT THANKS FOR THIS LOVELY BIT OF INFORMATION.

"Jace, be careful" the dark-haired boy hissed

"She can see us Alec" Jace replied " she already knows too much"

"So what do you want me to do with her" Isabelle demanded, well I would enjoy my freedom thank you very much

"let her go," Jace said quickly, thank god someone is on my side! but she did luckily release me but she did that while shooting Jace a surprised look. My wrist is finally free, but sore. Now how do I escape without getting caught this time?

"Maybe we should bring her back with us," Alec said, I should really try leaving now, but the only exit door is being blocked off, fuck. " I bet Hodge would like to talk to her" great they're planning to kidnap me and they're doing so in front of me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magnus pov:

"bye," I say as I leave my old friend's house. I make a portal and through it I and my sister make it to our hotel room. I don't mention the incident just yet as I don't want to get into some argument or bring up unpleasant memories, but I will bring it up at some point if she doesn't. All I do is ask "Are you okay" even though I know full well she won't tell me.

"yes, I'm okay" she replies and I don't push it. we were staying here for another 5 days, therefore, I want those days to be calm as I do appreciate travel. "Mags?" she said moments after to which I reply:

 "yes?" 

"I didn't do that on purpose, I didn't even realize it was happening. so I apologize for any inconvenience" I didn't know what to say 

"It's okay, don't worry about it. but that was a pretty strong spell, and if you did it without chanting or even knowing of it-" I pause, I guess my father's blood really is strong. "you're stronger than I thought esperanza"

"That's just amazing, guess my father got what he wanted without even realizing it" she mutters sarcastically, she didn't deserve anything that's happened to her, and she's still so young only 20, and yet so mature

"We'll figure this out, but for now let's not think of it and live in the moment, you want a cocktail?"

"Sure" she replies. we enjoy the drinks and go to sleep shortly after.

I haven't uploaded in ages so hopefully, you enjoyed goodbye see you next chapter ig.