Chapter 9

Hii guys!!

I don't have anyone to introduce today.

So without further ado, let's get the chapter going.

_________________________________________

Anthony's POV

Today's Monday.  The money must be in by tomorrow.  Steven's life depends on it.  Well, that's what I think depends on it.

As usual, I stand up and go downstairs, taking my time in doing so.

As expected, Gran is standing in front of the stove.

"Morning, Gran."  She turns around, as usual, and greets me back.

"Ant, do you know where Steven is?  He isn't in his room."

Fudge!  What do I tell Gran.  I can't exactly tell her that Steven is being held hostage by the local mafia because he owes them money.  I'm sure she doesn't even know he loaned money.  Hell!  I didn't know.  And I certainly can't tell her about the deal I accepted. 

"Yeah.  He told me yesterday that he's staying at his friend's."  She nods and continue cooking.

I go sit at the dining table.

I need to tell Gran about my "next" job.  I need to tell Anna too; as far as she's concerned I said no to the proposition.

Gran sits different bowls with food on the table.

She sits, getting comfortable.

"Gran," I start.  Shit!  I didn't plan this far.  I don't even know anything about my new job. 

I can't say that it will be a better salary, although I believe it will be.  I can't promise that I will be home at a certain time.  And if I am being held back, what do I tell her?

I think it's better that I do not say anything about the new job.

"Mmm," she answers with a full mouth.  "Thank you for the food.  It's delicious."

Thankfully I can quickly think on my feet.

"Thank you."  The rest of breakfast is spent in silence.

After washing my plate and cutlery, I went to shower.

After the usual morning routine, I said goodbye to Gran and started the walk towards the restaurant.

I open the backdoor and shut it behind me when I'm inside.

"Hey, love," is the first thing I hear when I enter the locker room.

"How're you?"  She shrugs, pulling her shoulders upwards.

"I'm good."  I nod.  "Listen.  I need to tell you something during break."

Her smile falters a little.  "Is it life changing?"  I can hear by the tone in her voice that she's joking.

Well, I'm just going to have to burst her bubble.  "Yeah.  It most probably will be life changing."