Moving On

As I arrive at the gates of Lyiue I look and see a boy wearing white and navy clothes, with gold accents and ice blue hair.

'Yun!'

I begin to walk over to Chongyun, happy to see that he was waiting for me.

But I quickly stop, once I see him standing with a young lady, who seemed around our age.

'Oh... yeah.'

I feel a void form, an aching pain in my chest.

'Of course he wouldn't'

I blame myself for such an assumption. I had gotten my hopes up, since I hadn't see him for so long.

I walk over to an empty area, passing Chongyun, and the lady.

I decide to wait for him to leave the partially built booth, where the both of them were at, before deciding to approach him.

Ive been debating if I should give up on these feelings for Chongyun. Ever since talking to Bennett, for the first time.

Though I'm rather far from the two of them, I thought I could see a small smile across his face...

It pains me even more to think who that smile could possibly be for. The girl that stood across from him? Or for another he met while I was gone?

I'm dont even know if he well... would even consider...

I see Chongyun leave the booth and look around the gate, his expression seemed somewhat different from when he was with the young lady. seemingly, disappointed.

'I think... I will'

'I'll give up on these feelings and move on'

I sigh in pain from my thoughts, as I begin my way over to Chongyun.

"Yun-" I cut myself off.

'I should probably get rid of that name too, huh.'

I force myself a smile and run up to Chongyun.

"CHONGYUN!" I find myself shouting.

Not sure what I was doing, I wrap my arms around him and bury my face into his shoulder.

"Xingqiu?" I hear him ask.

He was surprised from my appearance, and tense from my sudden embrace.

'Since I'm giving up on these feelings'

'I'll leave them here'

I'll leave my feelings here, with this hug.

"Welcome back." I hear Chongyun say. He said it slow, like he wasn't quite sure of what to say.

He grabs on to both my shoulders, trying to break from my hold.

'No...'

I continue to hold onto Chongyun.

'I dont want to...'

His hands sti on my shoulders, this time, not pushing me away. "Xingqiu? Are you okay?" He asks.

'To leave these feelings behind...'

I give an internal sigh, bringing my self together. It's no use getting emotional like this anyways.

'But, if it's for the best...'

"Of course I am, Chongyun." I let go and smile.

'For me, and for you...'

"It's just nice seeing you again. After all, I was gone for a while."

'Then I'm willing...'

"Say, how about we head somewhere to eat? I haven't had Lyiue food in a while and I'm starving."

'To leave them behind...'

"Hey, as a welcome home, I could pay for today."

"Huh, really?"

"Yeah, let's just not go anywhere too expensive though."

"Haha, sure"

'Right here, and try, to move on.'